UNION, NJ: Carolyn Dorfman Dance Seeks Dancers for 2019/2020 Touring Season
Carolyn Dorfman Dance
Carolyn Dorfman Dance has a mission to create and present work that shares the uniqueness and commonalities of the human story. Maintaining a vibrant and diverse company of dancers is essential to our work, philosophy and social impact. For our upcoming season, we are looking for female and male dancers.
Beginning September 10, 2019, Carolyn Dorfman Dance's 2019 - 2020 Touring Season, includes creation of new work, repertory reconstruction, performance and touring, teaching and community residencies.
• Full-time/part-time company positions
• Paid rehearsals, performance, and teaching
• Non-union, 30+ week contract.
• Rehearsals, held primarily in NYC
• Legal work status verification
Dancers should have a strong contemporary modern dance and ballet technique, bold athleticism, a broad theatrical range, and strong ensemble and partnering skills. The Company is seeking dedicated, passionate and committed dancers with a strong desire for artistic growth, who have at least 2+ years of professional performance experience.
• Register for an audition slot by completing this online form by September 13, 2019 - https://forms.gle/f2D47j4A9aHTB3iD7
• Upload a current resume, headshot, dance photo and attach a link to an online video (up to 3 minutes). Bring resume and headshot with you to your audition slot and dancers called back will be asked to perform a short solo.
• Slot 1 - 280 Gibney, Studio U from 12-3pm on September 18, 2019
• Slot 2 - 280 Gibney, Studio U from 3-6pm on September 18, 2019
• Slot 3 - 280 Gibney, Studio U from 12-3pm on September 19, 2019
• Call Back - 280 Gibney, Studio U from 3-6pm on September 19, 2019
• Final Call Back - 280 Gibney, Studio Y from 12-6pm on September 20, 2019
Carolyn Dorfman Dance is an equal opportunity employer that fosters a creative environment that features a deep respect for artists, the work process and produces dance that reflects a profound humanity. Thank you. We look forward to learning more about you and your artistry from your submission.