Dancewave seeks Development Manager
POSITION: Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive/Artistic Director (ED) and Managing Director (MD)
HOURS: Full-time 40 hours/week onsite at Dancewave office; must be available on select evenings and weekends for performances
START DATE: Immediately
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: Dancewave is a 17-year-old dance education non-profit organization located in Park Slope/Downtown Brooklyn. Dancewave provides all NYC youth access to a supportive dance experience that embraces and encourages individuality and equips students with the life skills to unlock their full potential as people and community members. Dancewave reaches over 4,000 youth per year through School at Dancewave classes, pre-professional companies and ensembles, D-Wave in Motion arts-in-education programming, and city-wide outreach events.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Dancewave seeks an experienced, highly organized, and passionate individual to take on the role of Development Manager. The Development Manager will be responsible for managing the organization's individual, institutional (government and foundation), and Board related fundraising activities. Alongside Dancewave’s ED and MD, the Development Manager will plan and implement all fundraising strategy for Dancewave’s annual fund and other fundraising campaigns. The Development Manager must be possess superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective time management and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. This position is an incredible opportunity for an ambitious, skilled development professional to further their expertise with a rapidly expanding cultural and educational organization.
Strategic Planning & Board Development
- Collaborate with ED and MD to develop and implement annual fund and capital campaign fundraising strategy.
- Schedule meetings with potential community partners and funders, accompany ED and MD as needed.
- Prepare development updates for quarterly board meetings and fundraising committee meetings.
- Prepare regular fundraising reports for ED and Board.
- Maintain government and foundation grants calendar: file contracts/grant agreements, send acknowledgments, track and meet all deadlines.
- Write and submit all grant applications and reports.
- Manage current grant awards and research new government and foundation funding opportunities.
- Liaise and manage relationships with elected officials and foundation representatives.
Individual & Corporate Donors
- Develop and execute annual appeal direct mail campaign in conjunction with Associate Director of Design & Marketing. Directly responsible for generating mailing list and facilitating mass mailing.
- Work with ED and MD to identify prospective individual donors and schedule meetings.
- Solicit corporate sponsorships in support of Dancewave’s performances and annual gala.
- Accurately track all donations (institutional, individual, corporate, capital) in Salesforce.
- Generate and mail acknowledgement letters in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and detailed donor records.
- Provide support in the planning and execution of annual fundraising and cultivation events, including Annual Spring - - Gala in collaboration with Special Events Coordinator.
- Attendance at Spring Gala and cultivation events.
- Manage existing capital campaign pledges and funds.
- Act as organizational point-person with Capital Campaign consultant.
- Draft emails/talking points/track donor pipeline for Capital Campaign prospects.
- Assist with planning and managing cultivation and donor events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in the arts, arts administration, business, or nonprofit management, or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of previous full-time employment in nonprofit fundraising.
- Experience working with a donor database.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage competing demands in order to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills; positive and professional demeanor.
- Passion for Dancewave’s mission and commitment to serving youth.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google G Suites, specifically Excel/Sheets.
- Ability to speak about dance and dance education.
- Grant writing experience and familiarity with funder research resources.
- Familiarity with NYC and NYS government contracts.
- Experience with Salesforce, iWave, database design or theory.
- Demonstrated ability to build creative and mutually beneficial partnerships within the nonprofit, public and corporate sectors.
- Conversational Spanish fluency, a plus.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with subject line
Development Manager. NO PHONE CALLS.