Peridance Capezio Center announces the opening of a Theater Manager position
Peridance Capezio Center
Peridance Capezio Center announces the opening of a Theater Manager position.
Manager must be available to work on weekends as well as at least 3 days a week in the office.
The Salvatore Capezio Theater is a small, fully equipped blackbox theater, seating 142. Performances take place on weekends only (Saturday night and Sunday) with Tech/Dress rehearsals generally on Friday evening.
Theater Manager responsibilities include:
- Promote and get the theater booked.
- Handle all rental contracts, with the help of an administrative coordinator.
- Manage and supervise theater crew (stage manager, electrician and lighting designer, special events coordinator, ushers, box office personnel etc.)
- Be present to greet renters, show them around and attend to them during the renting period.
- Facilitate and execute to the fullest contract terms and details.
- Prior knowledge and experience is a must. Stage Manager experience a plus.
- Must have a background in theater terminology and management.
- Be willing to do overtime hours if necessary
- Technical ability (knowledge such as: fixing small issues in equipment, installing, handyman, improvements etc.)
- The ability to work with many different types of people
- Highly organized
- Must be familiars with city and fire codes and permits
- Solve practical problems
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume, and recent photograph to email@example.com with THEATER MANAGER as the subject. Interviews will be scheduled commencing the week of September 7th.