Theater Manager at Peridance
Peridance Capezio Center
Photo Credit: Cesar Brodermann
Peridance Capezio Center is seeking a Theater Manager for the Salvatore Capezio Theater, for immediate hire. Manager must be available to work on weekends as well as 2-3 days a week in the office.
The Salvatore Capezio Theater is a small, fully equipped black-box theater, seating 142. Performances take place on weekends only (Saturday night and Sunday) with Tech/Dress rehearsals generally on Friday night.
Theater Manager responsibilities include:
- Coordinate bookings for the theater.
- Run/Stage manage all Peridance's technical rehearsals and performances. Theater manage all outside rentals.
- Manage, schedule, and supervise theater's set-up and break-down, working with a crew of electrician and lighting designer, sound person, work-study helpers, ushers, cleaning crew, and box office personnel.
- Promote and get the theater booked. Be present to greet renters, show them around and attend to them during the renting period.
- Prior knowledge and experience in dance productions including stage managing and technical rehearsal managing is a must.
- Technical ability such as: fixing small issues in equipment, installing, handyman work, improvements etc.).
- The ability to work with many different types of people and solve practical problems.
- Highly organized, be able to work with deadlines.
- Familiarity with city and fire codes and permits is a plus.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and a resume to Mr. Yarden Ronen-van Heerden at firstname.lastname@example.org with THEATER MANAGER as the subject.