Arts Admin Internship with Pentacle for Fall 2016
Pentacle (Dance Works, Inc.)
Pentacle's Cultivating Leadership in Dance provides an unparalleled opportunity for interns to receive the benefits of a structured internship program, while working intimately with dance artists/choreographers and non-profit organizations.
Pentacle matches interns with participating companies, working with them to create a program experience that is rewarding and useful to both the company and intern. Participating companies work with interns 10 hours a week over an 8 week period. Work responsibilities may include: assistance with archival projects, development research, aid with tour management, production preparation, collaboration on website development and other projects specific to the company's needs. Interns, in addition to working directly with the company, attend weekly workshops covering topics in arts administration and career exploration including fiscal/budgeting, development, marketing, booking, dance on camera, and dance writing. This is a great way for interns to access a network of arts administrators and participating dance company staff, as well as to Pentacle staff and guest speakers.
Benefits to the participating intern include:
- Professional Development workshops on topics in arts administration and career exploration
- A network of interns working for other dance companies
- A clear work plan outlining your responsibilities
- A dedicated program person at Pentacle to help support the intern/company partnership and provide extra mentoring to the intern
We are looking for interns who have:
- A strong interest in the performing arts and non-profit administration
- Strong computer and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently & multi-task and exceptional leadership skills
- Strong leadership skills
The fall session will take place September 26th through November 18th.
For consideration and to set up an interview, please send your resume and Intern Questionnaire to Alex M Schell at email@example.com.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, August 26th