Arts Admin Internship with Pentacle Spring 2017
Pentacle (Dance Works, Inc.)
Pentacle’s Cultivating Leadership in Dance provides an unparalleled opportunity for interns to receive the benefits of a structured internship program. Pentacle matches interns with participating dance artists/choreographers or non-profit organizations to provide a hands-on experience in the realm of arts administration.
Participating companies work with interns for 10 hours a week over an 8 week period. Work responsibilities may include: assistance with archival projects, development research, aid with tour management, production preparation, collaboration on website development, and other projects specific to the company's needs. Additionally, interns attend weekly educational seminars covering topics in arts administration and career exploration, while gaining access to a network of interns, Pentacle staff, and guest speakers.
Benefits to the participating intern include:
- Professional development workshops on topics in arts administration and career exploration
- A network of interns working for other dance companies and non-profit organizations
- Direct contact with working professionals in the arts administration field
- A clear work plan outlining your responsibilities
- A dedicated program person at Pentacle to help support the intern/company partnership and provide extra mentoring to the intern
We are looking for interns who have:
- Strong interest in the performing arts and non-profit administration
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work independently & multi-task
- Exceptional leadership skills
The spring session will take place March 20th through May 12th. Deadline to apply: Friday, February 3rd.
For consideration and to set up an interview, please send your résumé and completed Intern Questionnaire to Alex M Schell at email@example.com
You may contact Alex with any additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-278-8111 ext. 3430.