School at Peridance Core Auditions
Peridance Capezio Center
The School at Peridance offers a unique training program known for providing students with the necessary tools for a (professional) career in dance. The program is divided into age appropriate tiers of study, which enables students to progress according to their talent and ability. The aim of these ballet training programs is to provide these young artists with multiple opportunities to develop their technique and artistry in a nurturing classroom environment.
Core Program (8 - 14yrs)
This program trains young students at an accelerated pace, focusing on proper Ballet technique, strength, flexibility and body alignment. Additional attention is given to musicality, movement quality and anatomically correct work which is closely monitored and evaluated in order to ensure each student's growth and progress. Core students are also encouraged to take additional technique classes in Modern and Jazz.
The program offers four tiers of study:
- Core I Ages 8-9 (2 Ballet classes per week required)
- Core II Ages 9.5-10.5 (3 Ballet classes per week required)
- Core IIIA Ages 11-13 (3 Ballet classes per week required)
- Core IIIB Ages 11-13 (3 Ballet classes and 1 Modern class per week required)
- Core IV Ages 14-15 (3 Ballet classes and 1 Modern class per week required)
Peridance Jr. and Sr. Youth Ensembles (14 - 18yrs)
A pre-professional training program for dancers ages 14 to 18 years old and not-for-profit outreach youth dance companies. In addition to the extensive, well-rounded curriculum of classes, Ensemble dancers have the opportunity to work closely with renowned choreographers and to participate in performances in New York City! Peridance Jr. & Sr. Youth Ensembles has positively influenced hundreds of children from various organizations by extending their knowledge and love for dance through performances and interactive workshops, inspiring participants and enhancing their sense of community. Collaborations with organizations include: University Settlement, Services at the Beacon, and Turn 2 Foundation.
The program offers two tiers of study:
- Jr. Ensemble Ages 14-16 (4 Ballet classes, 1 Jazz class, and 1 Modern class per week required)
- Sr. Ensemble Ages 16-18 (4 Ballet classes, 1 Jazz class, and 1 Modern class per week required)
For more information, please contact Colleen Megley at email@example.com or call 212-505-0886.