[MONTREAL, CANADA] Call for Choreographers—Springboard Danse Montréal 2019
Springboard Danse Montreal
We are looking for Choreographers for the 2019 edition of Springboard Danse Montréal!
Springboard 2019 will take place June 9 – 28. The final showing will be in Montréal on June 28 at 6:30pm at Usine C.
The deadline to apply for the Emerging Choreographers Project is December 1, 2018.
Springboard's Emerging Choreographers Project provides selected artists with elite dancers, 24 hours of studio space, and the opportunity to present work alongside our Principal Companies. Candidates are selected based on experience and the quality of their previous work. In addition to this unique professional development, Springboard provides each Emerging Choreographer with the opportunity to engage with talented dancers who may become future collaborators in an environment that stimulates and facilitates the creative process.
THE PERKS OF BEING AN EMERGING CHOREOGRAPHER
- 15+ elite dancers in your cast
- 24 hours of rehearsal time with your cast
- Free access to a studio during the project (upon request)
- Opportunity to create either:
- 6-minute Proscenium work, or
- 20-minute Installation work
- 10 Principal companies from Canada, USA, Europe, Northern Europe & Israel alongside whom you will present at Usine C
- Platform to present previously created work at Espace culturel Georges-Émile-Lapalme, Place des arts
- 15 hours of workshops with the Principal Companies during Week One
- Opportunity to observe Principal companies during Weeks Two & Three rehearsals
- 15 morning classes with 5 teachers (ballet and various styles of contemporary, including Gaga and floorwork)
- Free downloadable copy of the video from the final showing
- 450+ invited guests at the final showing, including Presenters, Agents, Managers & Artistic Directors representing companies from Canada, the United States & Europe
- Chance to receive the EMERGE AWARD, a commission for the 2019-20 season of Gibney Dance Company