Pentacle offers Arts Administration Internship
Pentacle is seeking part-time interns for our Spring 2018 Session of Cultivating Leadership in Dance (CLD): our internship and professional development program. The Session will run from March 19-May 11.
CLD matches interns with affiliated performing artists and artist service organizations, providing an unparalleled opportunity for both hands-on work experience and personalized professional development.
CLD Participants will work with their matched company for 10 hours per week over an 8 week period. Work responsibilities may include: assistance with archival projects, development research, production preparation, collaboration on website development, marketing & social media assistance, and other projects specific to the company's needs.
Interns are also required to attend weekly seminars, led by mentors from Pentacle, covering topics in arts administration and career exploration, with guest speakers who are both emerging voices and leaders in the field. These weekly meetings also act as an open forum for the cohort to share their concerns and successes with each other and their mentors, as they navigate working with their companies. Participants will also work together to produce a fundraising event to build budgeting, marketing, and leadership skills.
The CLD program requires a commitment of 10 hours/week for the internship with matched company, and 3 hours/week for the seminar at Pentacle (likely on Tuesday or Wednesday evening) over the 8 weeks of the program. Attendance to the seminar’s fundraising event (likely the week of April 30th) is also required.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Interest in working with both emerging and established performing arts companies, as well as an interest in the greater performing arts field & nonprofit administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Diligent and self-motivated work ethic
- Desire to work individually, as well as part of a team
- Positive, open and engaged approach
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
- Considered & personalized match with affiliated company
- Weekly training seminars in arts administration
- Peer-to-peer learning and discussion
- Dedicated Pentacle mentor
- Guest lectures by professionals in the field
- Leadership development
- Practice in Producing & Strategic Planning
- This is an unpaid internship. College credit may be arranged. Recent graduates may apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out and upload resume as a PDF to the application form here:
*** Accepting applications on a rolling basis until February 2nd.
Pentacle is a not-for-profit management support organization for small to mid-sized companies, and project-based artists working within dance. Pentacle’s mission is to provide these communities with flexible and affordable management support grounded within our expertise. Our Education and Outreach programs nurture early professional development through mentoring and partnerships to foster multiple pathways in the arts and stimulate the field.