Alexandra Beller/Dances Seeks Social Media / Office Intern
Alexandra Beller/Dances is seeking a social media/office work/study intern. The position requires someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, thoughtful, socially conscious, and propelled. This is an entirely remote computer-based position that can be done on your own time. We are looking to have someone join us in mid/late January for a 6 month commitment, but if the fit feels right on both ends, this position could extend to a year or more, and has the potential to grow into a staff job. This is a great position for a young dancer/artist/performer/student to learn more about the inner operations of a professional dance company.
This is a work/study internship. It will be approximately 12 hours per month structured on your own time. The intern can take ALL AB/Dances classes and workshops (both online and in person) for free as well as have free access to the company’s archive of Bartenieff Fundamentals and Master Class recordings. In addition, the intern can join Praxispace, an online community for choreographers, dancers, and makers for free. The intern will also have access to Alexandra’s personal mentorship. Depending on how many offers you choose to engage, the compensation can total up to approximately $3500 for 6 months in classes and workshops.
- Creating regular general social media posts as well as specific marketing campaign social media posts (mostly facebook and instagram) based on a predetermined schedule. This is a creative task, requiring finding quotes, choosing images from our archives, and speaking as the company voice on social media.
- Editing and posting recordings from online classes
- Keeping our archive of PDFs up to date
- Coordinate with artistic director and general manager on specific research or organizational tasks
- Coordinating social media posts and email content for workshop marketing
- Must have access to internet and device to interface with social media, dropbox, google drive, canva, squarespace, etc
- Must have basic tech skills such as social media posting, creating fb events, using dropbox and google drive, and able to learn additional programs through tutorials we provide on occasion, such as canva.
- Must be committed to using inclusive language, and be in an anti-racist, anti colonialist practice that includes working to use language that centers human rights, and working to dismantle ableism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism, ageism, and sizeism. You will be speaking for the company, so we are looking for someone who shares our values and communication style.
Position to be filled immediately. Please write a brief cover letter highlighting relevant experience/why this position would be a good fit for you in the body of the email and attach resume email with the subject line “Work/Study Position” no later than Wednesday, January 12. Send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.