LEIMAY Open Call for NEW Subsidized Fellowship Program!
Are you a movement-based artist looking for free work space and performance opportunities? LEIMAY is opening a call for our new Subsidized Fellowship Program!
In 2019, LEIMAY’s new Subsidized Fellowship nurtures a half-year long creative and research process for four artists. It provides an arena for artistic exploration, professional development, and public outreach to a local community of movement-based artists with an interdisciplinary practice who seek a space to create and share their work in a supportive environment of fellow artists.
The final deadline for the online application: February 22, midnight, EST.
SUBSIDIZED FELLOWS RECEIVE:
- Up to 60 hours of fully subsidized studio time during a 6-month period (Subsidized Fellows do not incur in any membership costs and will book their own hours through our online booking system.)
- A stipend of $100 for the presentation of new work at the OUTSIGHT series.
- Opportunity to present an outdoor public performance in one of the OUTSIGHT presentations in a community garden co-presented by LEIMAY and the New York Restoration Project.
- Opportunities to participate in peer showings to engage in conversation around your work with other fellows and LEIMAY Artistic Directors.
- Access to Material for the Arts supplies.
- The inclusion of subsidized fellow activities in LEIMAY’s email newsletter and online publication/network (conectom).
- Discounts for performances presented by LEIMAY at other venues and to LEIMAY LUDUS Classes, Labs, and Intensives.