Dancewave Seeks Marketing Intern
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Compensation: Monthly travel stipend provided; Free dance and fitness classes
POSITION: Social Media & Marketing Internship at Dancewave
HOURS: This is a part-time, 20-25 hours/week position for six months. Selected candidate will work primarily at Dancewave’s office in Gowanus Brooklyn, NY, with occasional off-site visits.
START DATE: March 2, 2020
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: Dancewave provides access to a community dance experience that encourages individuality and whole-person development throughout New York City and beyond. Through innovative programming we use dance as an expressive vehicle for transformation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Dancewave seeks an Intern to assist the Director of Marketing & Communications in the promotion of our exciting calendar of classes, performances, events and initiatives including the Dancewave Gala, Dancewave Cafe performance series, various seasonal Master Classes, summer camps, and Dancewave Through College & Beyond (DTCB). Skills cultivated during this internship will assist motivated individuals as they pursue a career in events, arts management, social media, marketing and development.
- Create friendly and accessible social media coverage of Dancewave’s events
- Translate promotional images and video content into exciting promotional graphics
- Assist in event photo and video documentation for social media, advertising and promotion
- Research new online marketing techniques and experiment with new ways to leverage social media platforms
- Organize internal data and information, including digital files and social media insights Ability to apply new ideas to a template while staying on-brand
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of and interest in social media platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Proficient in Google Suite (Google Drive, Sheets, YouTube)
- Willing to occasionally travel off-site to photograph Dancewave programs and events Ability to be flexible and willing to assist in other tasks as assigned
Must be available for some (preferably all) of the following dates:
- March 29 – Gala Fundraiser Master Class
- April 13-17 – Spring Break Camp
- April 21-22 – Dancewave Gala
- May 16-17 – Spring Celebration Youth Performances
- Background or interest in dance and the performing arts
- Familiarity with Constant Contact, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing programs
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Ads and Brand Accounts
- Ability to take quality, in-focus photographs with good composition
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject title “Marketing Intern”.
Dancewave is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining an inclusive and equitable work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. Dancewave is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values community, teamwork, creativity, understanding, and appreciation. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.