EVIDENCE Summer Dance Administration Intern (DEADLINE: JUNE 2, 2023)
Ronald K. Brown / EVIDENCE
Company: Ronald K. Brown/EVIDENCE
Founded by Ronald K. Brown in 1985 and based in Brooklyn, New York, EVIDENCE, A Dance Company focuses on the seamless integration of traditional African dance with contemporary choreography and spoken word. Through its work, EVIDENCE provides a unique view of human struggles, tragedies, and triumphs. Brown uses movement to reinforce the importance of community in African American culture, and to acquaint audiences with the beauty of traditional African forms and rhythms. He is an advocate for the growth of the African American dance community and is instrumental in encouraging young dancers to choreograph and to develop careers in dance.
EVIDENCE operates with a small but dedicated and inspired team of four. It has two artistic directors and two operational managers. Interns will be supervised by both sets of teams depending on the project or job. The company seeks to offer a paid internship to an individual(s) with the following qualifications and skills to support its administrative, archival, and educational activities and responsibilities.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- A great organizer (experience with scheduling a plus!)
- Professionalism with an emphasis on the 3 C’s: Courtesy, Confidentiality, Care
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel)
Intern Job Responsibilities:
Summer Workshop Support
- Intern will work both remotely and onsite with EVIDENCE staff to supply marketing, registration, and on-site administrative support for EVIDENCE’s annual workshop which takes place from July 31 - August 12, 2023 at Restoration Plaza & The Billie Holiday Theatre (1368 Fulton St, Brooklyn, NY 11216) as well as preparation for and working at EVIDENCE’s fundraiser “On Our Toes” in the Hamptons on August 27, 2023.
General Administrative Support
- Intern will have general administrative duties related to a dance company’s fundraising, touring, and company management to gain experience in those areas.
- Intern will have the opportunity to speak with and learn from seasoned professionals in performing arts presenting and dance company administration.
- Intern will also have the potential to work with educational and archival materials from the company
- Interns supporting the summer workshop will be expected to be onsite for full days and some evenings for the workshop hours July 31 - August 12, 2023.
- The work hours prior to workshop dates are flexible and hybrid; with some work done remotely and some occurring in our Brooklyn offices/spaces.Interns could potentially begin to work remotely as early as July 1, 2023.
- From August 13 - August 31, 2023, interns can expect to work a hybrid schedule.
- Rate is $15 per hour
- Ideal applicant is a student enrolled or recent graduate of a college degree granting program, an advanced high school senior, or other adult with equivalent and internship-related experiences.
- Knowledge of the dance industry and experience is preferred.
Please send your resume and cover letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 2, 2023.