#MARTHAMOVES For The Planet: Insta-Graham Choreography Challenge! (DEADLINE: SEP 22)
Martha Graham Dance
#MARTHAMOVES FOR THE PLANET
Insta-Graham Choreography Challenge!
Watch the video of Martha dancing eight very short moves! Note that each move represents something in the natural world: Sun, Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Moon, Stars, and Night.
Our Choreography Challenge asks you to create your own Dance for the Planet using AT LEAST 3 of Martha’s Moves.
Then just film yourself dancing it somewhere in nature and post your dance to Instagram with hashtags: #marthamoves and #marthagraham
We’ll repost many of our favorite entries on our @marthagrahamdance account and the top five finalists will receive a gift bag full of Graham swag.
- Have fun!
- Create a dance under 1 minute in length, using AT LEAST 3 of the 8 Martha moves.
- Be imaginative. Surprise us! A panel of Graham experts will make selections based on creativity and originality. Just remember — we must be able to identify at least 3 of Martha’s moves somewhere in your dance.
- Choose your own rights-free soundtrack. Music, silence, or sounds of nature. It must be rights-free.
- Film your #MarthaMoves dance in your favorite natural setting.
- Post on Instagram. Use the hashtags #marthamoves and #marthagraham, and tag your favorite organization that does good work for the Planet. (You must use the hashtags so that the judges can find your submission.)
- Submit anytime between now and the autumnal equinox, September 22, 2022 at midnight Eastern Time.