Teaching Artists Auditions at Mark Morris
Mark Morris Dance Center
Application Deadline: Sunday, February 28, 2016
The School at the Mark Morris Dance Center is currently seeking qualified and versatile teachers to join the 2016 Summer programs, and 2016-2017 school year for Children & Teens programs and Community Arts-in-Education programs. We are always looking for Substitute teachers and Adult Class teachers.
We are looking for dedicated Children & Teens dance teachers specializing in various genres. Ideal genres include, but are not limited to, ballet, modern, jazz, hip-hop, breakdancing, tap, Afro-Haitian, creative dance, music & singing, parent & toddler movement classes, boys dance, and special needs dance. We are open to other teaching styles as well. To better reflect the community we serve, we strive for diversity in our teaching staff.
The School reflects the spirit of the Mark Morris Dance Group in its celebration of dance and music. We believe that the study of various dance forms and music is essential to a child's education and development. We offer a diverse range of classes for all ages and abilities and strive to be a center of creative activity for children, community residents and professional dancers.
- Degree in dance preferred but not required
- At least 2 years of dance teaching experience within a diverse age group and educational settings
- Experience working with a live musician/accompanist and recorded music
- Exceptional knowledge of content in the genre of dance
- Strong communication skills
- The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for dance education and is able to commit to the duration of a program (September – June) while maintaining a consistent schedule
- Priority will be given to candidates whose career focus is dance education
- Commensurate with experience
- Access to affordable studio rental space; significant discounts on adult classes, intensives, workshops; master classes offered at the Dance Center as well as dancewear and school merchandise
- Please complete the online Teaching Artist Application Form
- Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter, resume, and sample lesson plan
- NO PHONE CALLS
- Select candidates will be invited to the audition where candidates will be asked to prepare 10 minutes of a class for the other candidates and current MMDG teachers.