LEIMAY Marketing and Administrative Internship
LEIMAY is currently accepting applications for a seasonal marketing and administrative intern. The selected intern will work closely with LEIMAY’s Administrative and Producing Manager on marketing and administrative oversight for LEIMAY’s Spring and Summer season, including the annual SOAK Festival.
LEIMAY (CAVE Organization Inc.) develops and tours new and existing individual and collaborative creations by Ximena Garnica and Shige Moriya; stimulates dialogue on contemporary performance and installation art; develops LEIMAY’s Ludus Training; and offers studio, and performing space for emerging and established artists; our endeavors take place at our home, CAVE, located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn as well as at other venues in New York, the Americas, and beyond.
Responsibilities for the position include:
- Work with the administrative and producing manager to promote LEIMAY and the SOAK festival
- through print and online marketing
- Archive - edit, tag, and appropriately store all media on LEIMAY’s website.
- Create press releases for LEIMAY and the SOAK festival; distributing to appropriate online and print
- Maintain LEIMAY’s social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, conectom)
- Assemble and assist with the creation of house programs
- Assist with distribution of LEIMAY marketing materials
- Manage and maintain the marketing table at all SOAK performances
- Create and distributing print materials for our annual block party
- Assist with end-of-festival archiving and wrap-up
Qualifications for the position:
- A strong familiarity with Google Drive and the ability to learn new online systems quickly
- Experience with various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- The ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment with or without supervision
- A passion for the performing arts and community-driven arts initiatives
- Experience with photo editing software including Adobe Photoshop, inDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience with digital photography and videography is a plus
The internship will begin in March and end on June 30th, 2017, averaging about 20 hours per week. The administrative manager will coordinate with the applicant to decide upon a weekly schedule. Interns are expected to spend at least two days per week at CAVE, the home of LEIMAY, in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Additionally, interns are expected to be on site for each performance date of the SOAK festival between June 3rd and June 18.
Interested applicants should send a resume and a brief cover letter of motivation describing their interest in the internship and past experience to Administrative and Producing Manager, Drew Weinstein, at firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, March 15th. Interviews will begin in mid-March.
For more information on LEIMAY please visit http://leimaymain.cavearts.org/