Apply Now: Perform & Collaborate at Peridance Capezio Center
Alison Cook Beatty Dance
HIghly-subsidized theater rental in Manhattan providing a performance opportunity for professional dance companies and choreographers to present their work along with a small select group of artists in a curated 2-week program at the Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center as guest artists of Alison Cook Beatty Dance's New York Fall 2019 Season, November 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th.
Included in the Flat Fee if Chosen:
- Each choreographer will present work at one of the performances.
- Theater Rental at Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center, a state-of-the-art 142-seat black box theater with full wings, sprung marley floor, comfortable audience seating, full lighting and sound capabilities, backstage cross-over, fully climate-controlled space, upstage black traveling curtain, large dressing rooms, and warm-up studio
- Performance Marketing and Advertising, including easily shareable online and print copy for your own audience
- Tech Rehearsal: Choreographers will be provided a 30-40 minute tech rehearsal.
- Professional Lighting
- Professional Videography: Guest artists will receive a high-definition video of their full-length work.
- Professional Photography: Guest artists will receive professional photos of dress rehearsal and/or performances
- Box Office: Both the online and day-of-event box office needs will be fully managed and staffed
- Event Insurance: this is a required expense for theater rental and is covered*
Box Office Earnings :
- Each artist will receive the net revenue from their box office ticket sales minus a 3% processing fee and $5 software fee. For example, for a $25 ticket sold, the artist shall receive $19.25; for twenty $25 tickets sold, the artist shall receive $385. Ticket prices to be finalized in the near future.
- Theater rental, insurance, and marketing costs alone exceed $12K and the additional costs will be covered by Alison Cook Beatty Dance
- APPLICATION EXTENDED DEADLINE: May 31, 2019 at midnight
- Artists will be notified by June 17th, 2019
- Proposed works should be no longer than 20 minutes. Choreographers must provide professional performers.
- Video Sample: Please submit links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
- Application Fee: $25 due upon application.
- Flat Participation Fee: $500 due upon executing the performance contract. This is a highly-subsidized flat fee that will be further offset by ticket revenue.
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Choreographer’s name and Company name (if applicable)
- Social Media handles
- Choreographer/Company Bio
- Short description of the proposed work (title, theme, number of dancers, technical requirements, date of premiere if applicable, etc.)
- Links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
- Pay the application fee: Submit payment of $25 through PayPal to email@example.com. Please indicate "Peridance ACBD Application" in the note section.
*Guest artists are responsible for any additional insurance required to cover their performers related to travel, injuries, or instances outside the scope of the event insurance.
Alison Cook Beatty Dance
For more information:
Share Your Audience Review. Your Words Are Valuable to Dance.
Are you going to see this show, or have you seen it? Share "your" review here on The Dance Enthusiast. Your words are valuable. They help artists, educate audiences, and support the dance field in general. There is no need to be a professional critic. Just click through to our Audience Review Section and you will have the option to write free-form, or answer our helpful Enthusiast Review Questionnaire, or if you feel creative, even write a haiku review. So join the conversation.