ALDEN MOVES Dance Theater seeks Part-Time Studio Coordinator / Marketing Assistant
ALDEN MOVES Dance Theater
About the Position:
ALDEN MOVES Dance Theater is seeking a part-time (approximately 20-25 hrs/wk) Studio Coordinator / Marketing Assistant to support founder/director Alden LaPaglia in the day-to-day management of Studio 1203.
About the Organization:
ALDEN MOVES Dance Theater is dedicated to making movement dance and making dance move--on stage and in the classroom. Comprised of a professional division, a children’s division, and a recreational division for teens and adults, we are a repertory company dedicated to supporting artists whose work is steeped in tradition and infused with contemporary perspective. Further, we seek to inspire new generations of artists and audiences by offering classes in which the whole family can discover--or revisit--their joy of movement, music, and dancing. We’re thrilled to have made our permanent home in Prospect Park South, where we've made Studio 1203 a true playground for the arts, open to artists and students alike for classes, rehearsals, and performances.
- Front Desk support and security
- Following COVID-19 safety precautions in the studio
- General correspondence with parents, students, and other members of the communitt
- Facilitating and organizing class registration
- Coordinate the safe walk of 1-3 children from a local school to the studio on fixed days of the week
- Assisting children’s dance classes with the potential to teach classes in the future
- Marketing for Studio 1203, including social media and e-blasts
- Handling inquiries and bookings to rent Studio 1203
- Supporting event planning and production
- Assistance with grant writing
We are looking for bright candidates who are strong communicators, take initiative, are well organized, are good with both children and parents, and have an eye for design. The ideal candidate is proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs, and is familiar with (or willing to learn) registration software, and website building and editing programs, including Weebly, Chargebee, Dance Studio Pro, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity, and iMovie. Dance teaching experience, or an interest in future teaching with the studio, is a plus. Must be able to commute to Prospect Park South.
The position requires in-person availability at the following times:
- Sundays, 9:45am-1:45pm (4hrs)
- Will likely extend to 8:45am-2:45pm in the future.
- Mondays, 2:45pm-7:45pm (5hrs)
- Will likely extend to 1:30pm-8:00pm in the future.
- Wednesdays, 1:30pm-7:30pm (6hrs)
- Thursdays, 2:30pm-6:00pm (3.5hrs)
- Fridays, 1:30pm-4:30pm (3hrs)
- Will likely extend to 1:30pm-6:00pm in the future.
The position is approximately 20-25 hours a week, with the possibility of additional hours.
This position is part-time, approximately 20-25 hours/wk, and at $15-$17/hr.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, with ‘Studio Coordinator’ in the subject line.