APPLY: GUEST ARTIST CHOREOGRAPHIC & PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY WITH ALISON COOK BEATTY DANCE AT PERIDANCE CAPEZIO THEATER
Alison Cook Beatty Dance
APPLY FOR GUEST ARTIST CHOREOGRAPHIC AND PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITY WITH ALISON COOK BEATTY DANCE AT PERIDANCE CAPEZIO THEATER
Present your work at the Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center as guest artists of Alison Cook Beatty Dance's New York Fall 2019 Season, November 1st, 2nd, 8th, and 9th.
Alison Cook Beatty Dance will be presenting two world premieres during the performance run.
Alison Cook Beatty Dance is excited to provide subsidized opportunities for engaging choreographers to show their work as part of a fully-self produced, high-level performance season with a limited financial commitment. Past seasons have included choreographers Winston Dynamite Brown of the Dynamite Experience and Kitty Lunn of Infinity Dance Theatre. Choreographers of all backgrounds (emerging, mid-career and established) are encouraged to apply.
· Application Deadline: May 26th at 5:00 pm. APPLICATION EXTENDED DEADLINE: May 31, 2019, at midnight
Artists will be notified of the decision by June 17th
· Proposed works should be no longer than 20 minutes. Choreographers must provide performers.
· Application Fee: $25 due upon application.
· Video Sample: Please submit links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
· $500 participation fee is due upon executing the performance contract. This is a highly-subsidized flat fee that will be further offset by ticket revenue.
· Choreographers will be provided a 30-40 minute tech rehearsal plus professional photographs and video of their work.
· Each choreographer will present work at one of the performances.
Box Office Earnings :
Each artist will receive the net revenue from their box office ticket sales minus a 3% processing fee and $5 software fee. For example, for a $25 ticket sold, the artist shall receive $19.25; for twenty $25 tickets sold, the artist shall receive $385. Ticket prices to be finalized in the near future.
Theater rental, insurance, and marketing costs alone exceed $12K and the additional costs will be covered by Alison Cook Beatty Dance
To apply please email the following to email@example.com:
· Choreographer’s name and Company name (if applicable)
· Social Media handles
· Choreographer/Company Bio
· Short description of the proposed work (title, theme, number of dancers, technical requirements, date of premiere if applicable, etc.)
· Links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
· Pay the application fee: Submit payment of $25 through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Peridance ACBD Application" in the note section.
Apply to be part of this select group and perform at the highly-respected Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center this Fall!
Alison Cook Beatty Dance
For more information:
Photo credit by Paul B. Goode.
Share Your Audience Review. Your Words Are Valuable to Dance.
Are you going to see this show, or have you seen it? Share "your" review here on The Dance Enthusiast. Your words are valuable. They help artists, educate audiences, and support the dance field in general. There is no need to be a professional critic. Just click through to our Audience Review Section and you will have the option to write free-form, or answer our helpful Enthusiast Review Questionnaire, or if you feel creative, even write a haiku review. So join the conversation.