Administrative Assistant Job Opening
New York Theatre Ballet
The ideal candidate has an associate degree or higher, or equivalent work experience working in a small, but fast-paced office. Must be proficient with Macintosh computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
The dream candidate is courteous; detail oriented, has a professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills and is a self-starter. Must be punctual and reliable and can handle a highly diverse office environment.
The position requires the candidate to be efficient, independent, and possess a sense of humor, while handling the following tasks:
· Serve as primary receptionist and customer service representative for NYTB and Ballet School NY. This includes answering phone calls; directing callers to the appropriate individual; providing accurate information concerning all the activities of the School and Company; greeting guests, students, parents; and providing a professional reception function for the organization.
· Provide necessary clerical support for the Executive Director, and the Artistic Director. This includes drafting correspondence, emails, copying, maintaining the databases, filing, faxing, FedEx preparation, media distribution, press kit compilation, mailings, etc.
· Serve as cashier for Ballet School NY, executing bi-weekly billings as well as tracking attendance and tuition payments from parents. This includes keeping a ledger account of all payments received and ensuring that timely deposits are made.
· Field ticket requests, taking phone orders, and answering performance related questions.
· Provide assistance, information and support for students and parents at Ballet School NY. Provide the necessary support materials to outside PR and development consultants.
· Assist all NYTB staff during performances, as needed, both on and off site.
· As requested, prepare reports and other collateral materials for students and parents of Ballet School NY.
For more information, or to email your resume, contact Diana Byer, Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org