AiRe! A residency for percussive and culturally specific dance!
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana and The Center for Flamenco Arts are committed to providing multiple levels of support to early career and established artists within the percussive and culturally specific dance forms. This program is designed to be a springboard for creative exploration and creation of new work, a safe-space for collaboration and experimentation and an opportunity for participating artists to receive administrative aid through the umbrella of The Center for Flamenco Arts. All Artists in Residence will be provided with free studio space, resources to aid in the development of their work and the opportunity share their creative process within a public forum.
Selected Artists will receive:
– 100 hours of free studio space (March 2019 – June 2019).
– Research and Development support.
– Mid-Residency Feedback session of work-in-progress.
– Administrative and Technical assistance.
– Optional Culminating Presentation at The Center for Flamenco Arts (in-process and completed works)
– Artists must be working/creating within the percussive and/or culturally specific dance forms.
– Artists must be present and working in the studio with no more than 3 weeks spent away from NYC for the 4 month duration of the residency.
– Group or collaborative applications must have a lead applicant.
– Applicants who have been an AiRe Resident with Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana must wait two years before re-applying (i.e. an AiRe resident in fall 2017 cannot re-apply until fall 2019)
– Artists who applied to our previous cycle but weren’t selected are encouraged and welcome to apply again.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN FULL BY JANUARY 25, 2019 11:59pm TO BE CONSIDERED!
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org