Alexandra Beller/Dances and Praxispace Seek 2 Interns!
Alexandra Beller/Dances and Praxispace
Alexandra Beller/Dances is seeking 2 work/study interns:
1. An intern for our company, Alexandra Beller/ Dances
2. An intern for our online artistic community, PRAXISPACE.com.
Both internships include responsibilities of managing social media, monitoring and participating in website activity, and light office work. The internship positions require someone who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, thoughtful, socially conscious, and propelled. These are entirely remote computer-based positions that can be done on your own time. We are looking to have both positions filled by mid/late June with a 6-month commitment, but if the fit feels right on both ends, the position could extend to a year or more, and has the potential to grow into a staff job. This is a great position for a young dancer/artist/performer/student to learn more about the inner operations of a professional dance company. There is also plenty of opportunity to bring your artistly into this position.
Please feel free to take a look at our websites:
June 29 by 5 PM EST–Applications Due
July 5, 2-4 PM EST–Interviews with potential candidates
This is a work/study internship. It will be approximately 12 hours per month structured on your own time. The intern can take ALL AB/Dances classes and workshops (both online and in person) for free as well as have free access to the company’s archive of Bartenieff Fundamentals and Master Class recordings. In addition, the intern can join Praxispace, an online community for choreographers, dancers, and makers for free. The intern will also have access to Alexandra’s personal mentorship. Depending on how many offers you choose to engage, the compensation can total up to approximately $3500 for 6 months in classes and workshops.
Alexandra Beller/Dances Internship:
- Creating regular general social media posts as well as specific marketing campaign social media posts (mostly facebook and instagram) based on a predetermined schedule. This is a creative task, requiring finding quotes, choosing images from our archives, and speaking as the company voice on social media.
- Editing and posting recordings from online classes
- Keeping our archive of PDFs up to date
- Coordinate with artistic director and general manager on specific research or organizational tasks
- Coordinating social media posts and email content for workshop marketing
- Creating regular general social media posts as well as specific marketing campaign social media posts for Praxispace (mostly facebook and instagram) based on a predetermined schedule. This is a creative task, requiring finding quotes, choosing images from our archives, and speaking as the company voice on social media.
- Regularly updating the extensive audio and video library on praxispace.com
- Communicating with artistic director, general manager, and praxispace coordinator on specific research or organizational tasks
- Coordinating social media posts and email content for marketing
- Communicating with members praxispace members on the website
- Must have access to internet and device to interface with social media, dropbox, google drive, canva, squarespace, etc
- Must have basic tech skills such as social media posting, creating fb events, using dropbox and google drive, and be able to learn additional programs through tutorials we provide on occasion, such as canva.
- Must be committed to using inclusive language, and be in an anti-racist, anti colonialist practice that includes working to use language that centers human rights, and working to dismantle ableism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism, ageism, and sizeism. You will be speaking for the company, so we are looking for someone who shares our values and communication style.
Positions to be filled immediately. Please write a brief cover letter indicating which position you are most interested in, and highlighting relevant experience/why this position would be a good fit for you. Please write the cover letter directly in the body of the email and attach your resume. The email should have the subject line “AB/D Work/Study Position” or “Praxispace Workstudy Position”, depending in which internship you are most interested in. It is ok apply for both!
Application should be sent no later than Wednesday, June 29 at 5 PM EST. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted virtually on Tuesday, July 5 between 2-4 PM.