Advertise With Us
Make an impression — place an ad on The Dance Enthusiast and receive thousands of eyes on your work every week. Learn more.
50% OFF ALL ADS through December 31st. Use the promo code FALL50 at checkout HERE.
Your support helps us cover dance in New York City and beyond! Donate now.
Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama seeks part-time Development * Administrative Associate
Seeking a part-time Development and Administrative Associate
Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama is thought provoking and historically conscious dance-theater company established in 2006, presenting the work of Argentinean-Italian choreographer Anabella Lenzu. With the objective of developing a cultural, educational and artistic exchange between the United States, Argentina & Italy, AL/DD explores themes of collective memory, individual identity, and social awareness. Lenzu crosses sociopolitical and cultural barriers, promoting dance and art education through teaching and performing. Based in New York City, AL/DD is a nonprofit organization under the IRS approved 501(c)(3) The Field. www.AnabellaLenzu.com
AL/DD’s Development and Administrative Associate supports all development functions to help secure the organization’s overall operations and annual fundraising goals.
AL/DD is seeking a candidate pursuing a career in Arts Administration with a focus in dance who is eager to learn about and support the daily operations of a growing dance company. Position reports to Artistic Director.
– Prepare and submit materials for grants
– Provide accurate and timely research on funding prospects such as grants and corporate sponsorships
– Create press materials, establish and cultivate relationships with presenters
– Represent and promote AL/DD through public relations and communications
– Prior administrative experience in the arts. Arts Administration major.
– Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
– Self-motivated, reliable, friendly, flexible, and creative with a particular interest in dance
– Ability to effectively manage time and demands of multiple projects
– Strong computer/Internet/research skills
– Understanding of technical and administrative demands of dance production
– English mother-tongue a must. Second language Spanish a plus
Hours and Compensation:
Position is part-time, 10 hours/week, hours are flexible. Pay is $15/hour with possibility of increase after 6 months. This position is ideal for an early-career arts administrator desiring flexibility and looking to acquire knowledge and experience in the dance field.
Submit a cover letter stating interest and describing experience, along with CV and two recent writing samples (1 page each). Materials should be submitted by email to info@AnabellaLenzu.com, with “Attention: Job Application” in the subject line no later than October 8th, 2017.
Please submit contact information for three work-related references (email & phone).
Applicants will be contacted for a personal interview upon receipt of all materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Position must be filled by October 9th, 2017.
AL/DD is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.