Anabella Lenzu/DanceDrama teaches a Dance Composition/ Choreography Workshop (Focus: Form and Content) (ONLINE)
Online Dance Composition/ Choreography Workshop
Focus: Form and Content
Saturdays, January, 8, 15 & 22, 2022
11-1pm (EDT) NYC Time
This workshop will give you the tools to create your own original dances, exploring the elements of composition, both for the stage as well as for dance films. We will examine the creative process by learning how to take risks, transition from thinking to feeling to making artistic choices. Through short in-class assignments and extensive work outside of class, students will investigate both form and content in choreography. Participants will create and perform solo studies based on choreographic problems. We look not only at what you dance but also ask the question “Why do you dance?” Dance is the expressive medium of our heart, mind, and soul.
- To understand choreographic elements and design.
- To utilize movement exploration and improvisation to develop movement vocabulary.
- To develop subject matter.
- To identify choreographic forms.
- To recognize choreographic styles.
- To develop the skill to critically and articulately analyze a dance with an objective eye.
- To help develop a sense of your own aesthetic tastes.