Apply by April 30th: Be A Guest Artists at Alison Cook Beatty Dance's New York Fall 2020 Season
Alison Cook Beatty Dance
Alison Cook Beatty Dance presents Artists in Motion 2020
Highly-subsidized theater rental in Manhattan, professional lighting design, professional photography, professional videography, box office management, tech rehearsal, marketing, program production and printings, AND guest artists receive their box office ticket sales.
This is an amazing performance opportunity for professional dance companies and choreographic artists to present their work along with a small select group of artists in a curated 2-week program at the Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center as guest artists of the Alison Cook Beatty Dance New York Fall 2020 Season. Performances will be on October 3rd at 8 pm, 4th at 5 pm, 10th at 8 pm, and 11th at 5 pm.
Alison Cook Beatty Dance is excited to provide a highly-subsidized opportunity for engaging choreographers to show their work as part of a self-produced, high-level performance season with a limited financial commitment. Choreographers of all backgrounds (emerging, mid-career and established) are encouraged to apply. Last year, we were pleased to have Peridance Contemporary Dance Company, Alessandra Corona Performing Works, Ayalis in Motion, among other incredible artists.
What’s Included in the Low Flat Fee if Chosen:
- Theater rental at Salvatore Capezio Theater at Peridance Capezio Center, a state-of-the-art 142-seat black box theater with full wings, sprung marley floor appropriate for barefoot and pointe, comfortable audience seating, full lighting and sound capabilities, backstage cross-over, fully climate-controlled space, upstage black traveling curtain, and large dressing rooms & warm-up studio
- Performance marketing and advertising, including easily shareable online and print copy for your own audience
- Tech rehearsals
- Professional lighting
- Professional videography: Guest artists will receive a high-definition video of their full-length work.
- Professional photography: Guest artists will receive professional photos of dress rehearsal and/or performances
- Box office: Both the online and day-of-event box office needs will be fully managed and staffed
- Event insurance: this is a required expense for theater rental and is covered
- Overall costs exceed $20K and additional costs will be covered by Alison Cook Beatty Dance
Box Office Earnings :
Each artist receives full revenue of their box office minus a $5.00 processing fee on each ticket.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: FREE early bird application due by April 30th.
- An extended application with a $25 Application Fee will be May 17th.
- Artists will be notified of the decision by May 31st, 2020
- The proposed works should be no longer than 10 minutes. Choreographers must provide professional performers.
- Video sample: Please submit links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
- Application fee: $25 due upon application. (early bird application has no fee)
- Flat participation fee: $500 due upon selection and acceptance. This is a highly-subsidized flat fee that will be further offset by ticket revenue.
Additional details :
- Choreographers will be provided a 20-minute tech rehearsal plus professional photographs and video of their work.
- Each choreographer will present work at one of the performances.
- Note for multimedia artists/works: a projector will not be available for use by guest artists.
To apply please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Choreographer’s name and company name (if applicable)
- Social media handles
- Choreographer/Company bio
- Short description of the proposed work (title, theme, number of dancers, technical requirements, date of premiere if applicable, etc.)
- Links to either a) a completed proposed work OR b) any existing rehearsal footage of a proposed work still in process, plus 2 completed pieces as examples of your work.
- Pay the application fee: Submit payment of $25 through PayPal to email@example.com. Please indicate "Peridance ACBD Application" in the note section.
Photo Credit: Paul B Goode