Arts On Site presents Benjamin Briones Ballet
Arts on Site
Arts On Site (AOS) announces April performances, featuring dance, music, and film in the heart of the East Village at Studio 3R, 12 St. Mark’s Place, NYC. Tickets are $30 and can be purchased online at https://artsonsite.ticketleap.com/studio-3r-performances/.
“Arts On Site began presenting artists in 2016 at 12 Saint Marks Place,” said Chelsea Ainsworth, Executive Director of Arts On Site. “After 350 shows throughout the pandemic, AOS decided to build out a new performance space, Studio 3R, in May 2021 and began presenting artists in June. The space includes installing new black curtains, professional lighting, marley floor and risers for audience seating. We are so pleased to offer artists an intimate, professional, new performance space in NYC.”
Benjamin Briones Ballet
Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 6:30pm & 8:30pm
Friday, April 15, 2022 at 6:30pm & 8:30pm
Benjamin Briones Ballet presents varied draft works by choreographers Nellesa Walthour, Beatriz Madrid, Carlos Dos Santos, and Benjamin Briones, celebrating the art of dance.
BENJAMIN BRIONES BALLET is a contemporary ballet company that encourages artistic collaboration at its best, representing the diversity found in New York City. The company has an ongoing commitment of producing extraordinary artistic work and collaborating with artists at the highest level, creating new works that evoke emotions reaching a cross-section of the public. The company’s leadership sees its innovative work as a vehicle to give back to the community and bring awareness to society’s current social and political issues through the universal language of dance.
Arts On Site is enforcing COVID-19 restrictions. Each performance is located in Arts On Site’s large space, Studio 3R, with an air filter. The stage is set up in a proscenium style with a clear division between the artist and the audience. Seating is limited and the front row of seating is set at least 10 feet from the stage. Additional safety measures include:
- Limited occupancy at each event, with only 34 audience members total at one time
- Hand hygiene stations provided on site
- Requirements that audience members are masked and performers be vaccinated
- Signage posted throughout the location to remind personnel and visitors to adhere to proper hygiene practices, use PPE appropriately, and follow disinfection protocols
- Designation of a site safety monitor whose responsibilities include continuous compliance with all aspects of the site safety plan
- Only selling tickets online only prior to the event, with no tickets sold at the door
All visitors are required to:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before performance (6:15 & 8:15pm)
- Complete COVID-19 questionnaire (listed below)
- Complete safety waiver
- Wear appropriate face covering
- Sanitize hands upon arrival
Visitors are not allowed entry if they answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Have you had COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 14 days?
About Arts on Site
Arts On Site is a women-led nonprofit arts organization dedicated to providing artists with opportunities to create and perform new work. Arts On Site began as an event to showcase artists. The event was an initiative from professional artists Chelsea Ainsworth, Kyle Netzeband, and Adrian Rosas, to connect artists from multiple art forms. As the event grew, a diverse community of artists grew and the concept for Arts On Site was born. For more information, visit artsonsite.org.
Share Your Audience Review. Your Words Are Valuable to Dance.
Are you going to see this show, or have you seen it? Share "your" review here on The Dance Enthusiast. Your words are valuable. They help artists, educate audiences, and support the dance field in general. There is no need to be a professional critic. Just click through to our Audience Review Section and you will have the option to write free-form, or answer our helpful Enthusiast Review Questionnaire, or if you feel creative, even write a haiku review. So join the conversation.