Assistant to the Director at Ballet des Amériques School & Company, Inc.
Ballet des Amériques School & Company, Inc.
Ballet des Amériques School & Company is seeking a part-time Assistant to the Director to serve as administrative assistant and as parent-student-teacher liaison and coordinator in its Port Chester, New York, location. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and highly organized self-starter with a love for the arts and for dealing with people in a top-tier conservatory learning environment.
- Assist the Director in day-to-day tasks such as writing letters, e-mails, making telephone calls, formatting documents
- Assist in the registration process, setting up and maintaining student files, tracking attendance
- Maintain contact with parents - preferably by telephone or in person - to inform them about events, schedule or program changes, absenteeism, scheduling meetings with faculty or the Director
- Assist in the preparations for the annual performances
- Assist with various tasks throughout the studios as needed
A major task of the Assistant to the Director is to communicate the principles, values and policies of our organization effectively and faithfully. The successful candidate must therefore share a deep interest in and appreciation of the aims of our organization and have two outstanding qualifications: excellent writing skills and people skills. These skills are complemented by a professional demeanor and appearance and by a hands-on approach to resolve issues, if possible on the spot, and see and do what a given situation demands.
Initially, assistance is needed for about 15 hours a week: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:30 pm until 7:30 pm and every second Saturday from 9 am until 3 pm. Since we are a young organization, established in July 2011, and are on a growing trajectory, the weekly working hours will grow along with the organization, aided substantially by the contributions of the successful candidate.
The successful candidate would be a W2 employee earning between $12 and $18 per hour depending on experience and expertise.
For more information:
Contact Hans-Jakob Wilhelm at email@example.com or by calling 718-309-0437.