BALLET FESTIVAL: Cirio Collective at The Joyce
Cirio Collective, founded by American Ballet Theatre principal Jeffrey Cirio and his sister, Boston Ballet Principal Lia Cirio, was created in the summer of 2015 to explore and develop new choreography. Cirio approaches this season with a special focus on exploring the creative process with hopes that when artists live and work together closely, a special bond develops that inspires their art. For their Joyce debut, the company of twelve dancers along with live musicians, present works by Cirio, Paulo Arrais, and Gregory Dolbashian.
Featuring dancers from ABT, Boston Ballet, and others.
- Isaac Akiba, Soloist, Boston Ballet
- Jeffrey Cirio, Principal, American Ballet Theatre
- Lia Cirio, Principal, Boston Ballet
- Paul Craig, Principal, Boston Ballet
- Altan Dugaraa, former Second Soloist, Boston Ballet
- Blaine Hoven, Soloist, American Ballet Theatre
- Whitney Jensen, Principal, Norwegian National Ballet
- Emily Mistretta, Dancer, Kansas City Ballet
- Brooke Naylor, Dancer, Mook Dance Company
- Bradley Schlagheck, former Soloist, Boston Ballet
Major support for The Joyce’s Ballet Festival provided by the Rudolf Nureyev Dance Foundation and Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation. Underwriting support provided by Deborah and Charles Adelman and Martin and Linda Fell.
Tickets start at $10!
Call JoyceCharge at 212-242-0800 for $10 tickets. All other tickets can be purchased online.
Photo Courtesy: Sabi Varga.
Share Your Audience Review. Your Words Are Valuable to Dance.
Are you going to see this show, or have you seen it? Share "your" review here on The Dance Enthusiast. Your words are valuable. They help artists, educate audiences, and support the dance field in general. There is no need to be a professional critic. Just click through to our Audience Review Section and you will have the option to write free-form, or answer our helpful Enthusiast Review Questionnaire, or if you feel creative, even write a haiku review. So join the conversation.