Baryshnikov Arts Center Needs Front Of House Staff
Baryshnikov Arts Center
Baryshnikov Arts Center is seeking personable individuals to fill open positions as USHER/BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT for the Spring/ Fall 2018 season. Shifts are scheduled 3 to 4 weeks in advance and range from 2 hours to 4 hours in length. Must be able to stand for at least 2 hours. Don’t miss this opportunity to be on the inside of a prestigious organization and to (sometimes) have the opportunity to view the shows.
- Attend nightly pre-show check-in
- Stuff programs and place them in designated locations.
- Clean the house before and after an event.
- Prevent patrons from entering the house before it opens.
- Act as a ticket taker.
- Guide patrons to assigned seats – especially those with difficulties.
- Serve as a lobby attendant welcoming and directing patrons.
- Appropriately handle any latecomers (as instructed by the House Manager).
- Monitor volume levels and traffic flow.
- Assist with the set-up, service and clean up of receptions and concession services.
- Assist visiting companies with their Box Office.
- Help the House Manager direct people safely out of the building if necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons.
- Any additional tasks assigned by the House Manager, or BAC Staff Member
BOX OFFICE ASSISTANT
- Sell and distribute tickets – manage cash and credit card transactions.
- Assist with point of sale ticket purchases though OvationTix system.
- Inform patrons of House opening times, length of show, late seating policy, etc.
- Any additional tasks assigned by the Box Office Manager
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
To apply, email a cover letter and resume. Applications received after April 13 will be disregarded. No phone calls.
[Pictured: Isabella Rossellini: Link Link Circus]