CHOP SHOP Virtual Contemporary Dance Festival
CHOP SHOP: Bodies of Work 2021 is a special online iteration of the festival co-designed by the seven outstanding participating artists! Each year CHOP SHOP serves up a unique sampling of contemporary dance by leading local and national artists and this year is no different, although we’re coming to you in the (new to us) medium of film.
We’ll premiere dance films created by the participating artists each Thursday in February 2021, with a live Q&A with the week’s artists each Sunday. The films will remain accessible until 11.59pm on Wednesday, March 31, so you may view and re-view them as often as you’d like until then!
The CHOP SHOP 2021 participating artists are:
- Daniel Costa / Daniel Costa Dance (Seattle, WA)
- Eva Stone & Simone Elliott / Root Collective (Seattle, WA & Germany)
- Javier Padilla and The Movement Playground (New York City, NY)
- Lauren Horn//Subira Vs. Movement (Windsor, CT)
- Mark Haim (Seattle, WA)
- Nicole von Arx / NVA & Guests (Brooklyn, NY & Switzerland)
- Omar Román De Jesús / Boca Tuya (New York City, NY)
Please visit chopshopdance.org/calendar for more information.