Chez Bushwick Artist In Residence Program Circle 3 - Applications Now Open! Work In Progress
Chez Bushwick offers three month creative residencies dedicated to fostering the creation, development, and performance of new work by both emerging and mid-career choreographers. Chez Bushwick provides 100 hours of fully subsidized rehearsal space during off-peak hours, monthly peer forums, and a culminating performance at CPR – Center for Performance Research to support the creative processes of selected artists. Chez Bushwick Residency Artists are curated through an open application process, and final selections are chosen by a panel of industry professionals.
Application Due: September 12
Studio Residency: November 7, 2016 - January 24, 2017
AIR Meet & Greet: October 20
Peer Showings: November 17, December 15, January 12
Performance Tech: January 25, 2017
Shows: January 26 - 27, 2017
Click here to download the program
Click here to download the application
Resources Provided by Chez Bushwick:
- 100 hours of rehearsal space during off-peak hours
(Monday – Sunday, 8am – 11am & 7pm – 10pm)
- Networking opportunities through group showings with other Artists in Residence
- Culminating presentation of new work in a Chez Bushwick Presents 2Night Show at CPR – Center for Performance Research
- Opportunities to engage with the Brooklyn community
- Three peer group showings with other Artists in Residence
All application packages must be delivered or postmarked by Monday, September 12, 2016.
Hand delivered applications must be submitted by 4pm on Monday, September 12.
For more information:
Contact Kelsey Ludwig at:
Photo: Works by Evvie Allison (top), and Bobbi Jean Smith (bottom)- © Chez Bushwick 2016