City Center 2014-15 Season, for Fall Preview Consideration
New York City Center
Photo: Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev in "Solo for Two."
NEW YORK CITY CENTER
ANNOUNCES 2014-15 SEASON
New York, NY, August 7, 2014 – New York City Center’s 2014-15 season features an exciting lineup of dance and musical theater that begins with the 11th season of City Center’s acclaimed Fall for Dance Festival (Oct 8-19). The Festival features 24 acclaimed dance companies and artists from around the world, and will kick off in September with two free dance performances at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park in association with The Public Theater, followed by five unique programs at City Center in October. The Band Wagon, an Encores! Special Event starring Brian Stokes Mitchell, follows in November, and the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, City Center’s Principal Dance Company, returns for a month-long engagement in December.
The 22nd season of City Center’s Tony Award–winning Encores! series begins in February with Lady, Be Good, followed by Paint Your Wagon and Zorba! In February and March, City Center presents Cuba’s Havana Rakatan; Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui’s exploration of traditional and contemporary tango, M¡longa; and the great flamenco star Sara Baras in Voces, Suite Flamenca.
Two of the world’s most acclaimed ballet dancers, the extraordinary Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev, will star in Solo for Two, a triple bill of works by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, Ohad Naharin, and Arthur Pita.
The Tony Award-winning Manhattan Theatre Club’s 2014-15 season will feature three world premiere works on Stages I and II, including new plays by David Auburn, Frances Ya-Chu Cowhig, Richard Greenberg, and Sharyn Rothstein.
· Fall for Dance Festival’s 11th Season, featuring FREE Dance Performances at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park and Commissioned Works by Mark Morris Dance Group and Music Ensemble and Pontus Lidberg Dance
· The Band Wagon, an Encores! Special Event, based on the classic MGM film and starring Brian Stokes Mitchell
· ENCORES! SINGS RODGERS, HART AND HAMMERSTEIN, a Gala Celebration
· Dance Festival featuring Cuban, Tango, and Flamenco performances
· Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater features premieres and new productions
· Dance Theatre of Harlem presents works by George Balanchine, Darrell Grand Moultrie, Ulysses Dove, etc
· Manhattan Theatre Club presents four world premiere plays
· Natalia Osipova and Ivan Vasiliev star in New York premiere of Solo for Two.
Fall for Dance Festival tickets will go on sale
Sunday September 14 at 11am