Curet Performance Project's NYC Summer Intensive with public showing
Curet Performance Project
Curet Performance Project kicks off season 7 with a 2018 summer intensive.
3 days of movement research, choreographic investigation and rigorous contemporary dance training with the dancers of Curet Performance Project.
Explore modes of physical resistance, notions of systems and choreographic approach in a collaborative setting. While learning brand new season 7 repertoire and choreographic practice with CPP dancers. Workshop is geared towards all bodies and movement backgrounds but molded for pre-profesional dancers. All are encouraged to register and take the space together.
Submission and fee:
Space is limited. Please submit CV, and movement video with a short paragraph describing your interest for taking part in our summer intensive. All materials sent to:
Cost of three day workshop is 75$ Workshops must be paid in full upon submission acceptance. Dancers must be present for all three days.
July 11th at 6pm-8pm
- Afro-Latin rhythm and contemporary forms.
- Resistance as a choreographic language pt 1: building a movement through collaboration.
July 12th at 6pm-8pm
- Body resistance: through floor-work, partnering and improv.
- Resistance as a choreographic language pt 2: building a movement through collaboration.
July 13th at 5pm-7pm
- Body in response: wrap up, review and public showing preparation.
- FREE public showing.