Dancewave Seeks Schools & Community Programs Intern
POSITION: Schools and Community Programs Internship at Dancewave
COMPENSATION: Monthly travel stipend provided; Free dance and fitness classes
HOURS: This is a part-time, 15-20 hours/week position for six months. Selected candidate will work primarily at Dancewave’s office in Gowanus, Brooklyn, NY, with occasional off-site visits.
ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: DANCEWAVE provides access to a community dance experience that encourages individuality and whole-person development throughout New York City and beyond. Through innovative programming we use dance as an expressive vehicle for transformation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Dancewave seeks an Intern to assist the Schools and Community Programs team in the coordination of our award-winning community residency program. Our programs provide high-quality, individualized classes for a variety of community sites throughout all five boroughs of New York City, primarily public schools and senior centers.
- Advocate for Dancewave’s Community Programs through coordination of funding meetings with NYC Council Members
- Track and maintain Community Programs calendar
- Research new school and community partnerships and contacts
- Organize internal data and information, including digital files and media, primarily through Google Drive
- Observe and record community dance classes through site visits, photography, and video.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly detail-oriented with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in dance education and accessible arts programming
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Calendar)
- Willing to occasionally travel off-site to observe or assist Dancewave programs/events
- Ability to be flexible and willing to assist in other tasks as assigned.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject title “Community Programs Intern”. No phone calls, please.
Dancewave is an equal employment opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining an inclusive and equitable work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected class. Dancewave is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values community, teamwork, creativity, understanding, and appreciation. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.