Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana Work/Study & Internship Program
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santan
Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is seeking a current college student, graduate student, or recent college graduate interested in serving as an Intern and providing a wide range of database, research, administrative, and general support to the FVCS administrative team. In return, FVCS will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in and familiarity with areas such as programming, arts in education, marketing and media outreach, fundraising, philanthropy, international development, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization with a global reach. Minimum commitment requirements vary, however the general term is 6 months for NY residents and on a case-by-case basis for international students. 10 - 15 hours per week is requested depending on the duration of the Internship in exchange for free classes, occasional free workshops and studio time.
Internship areas of focus include:
The Development Intern assists the Executive and Managing Directors with tasks that vary by season (including support for grant deadlines, end-of-year giving, gala, Artist Advisory Council and Board) and is responsible for entering donations into the database, assisting with program tracking, taking minutes at various meetings and grant/artist opportunity research. Additionally, the ideal candidate possesses a strong interest in engaging Flamenco, contemporary and experimental dance and/or performance work. Experience with Mac software, Word, Excel, and Patronmanager are strongly encouraged.
The Programming Intern works closely with the Programs and Events Coordinator to organize many of the artist programs and events including, but not limited to: the annual FERIA, our Spring Performance Season, arts-in-education residencies, Certamen and our application based programs. Candidates should have experience with Microsoft Excel and Word, excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a small, busy office environment. Knowledge of PatronManager and Google Docs not required but helpful.
The Marketing Intern assists the with the social media accounts, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and online class listings. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, basic organizational skills, and an interest in engaging in Flamenco and other dance classes and events. Attention to detail and strong proofreading skills are a priority. Experience with Patronmanager, Facebook Business Manager, and other media software a plus, in addition to a strong knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram.
The Media Intern assists with the video archive and database, press and promotional materials, website maintenance and social media. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and an interest in the documentation of Flamenco, contemporary, and experimental dance. Experience with Mac software and Excel are strongly encouraged. Experience with, iMovie, Final Cut Pro X, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or social media platforms a plus.
- Answering phones and providing information
- Taking rental and class payments
- Running errands Assisting with bulk mailings
- Helping maintain operations and facilities
- Greeting guests in a warm, enthusiastic and helpful manner
- Working as a team with the staff and other interns to provide outstanding and consistent customer service
- Enforcing all policies and procedures for use of the spaces: be fair and firm
- Awareness at all times of what is happening in the studios
- Providing formal or informal orientations and answering questions for new visitors
- Providing immediate and thoughtful responses to customer requests
- Being responsive and pro-active in meeting renters’ needs
- Accommodating the creative needs of clients through operational solutions that safeguard and protect the space
- Assisting in the maintenance of a robust client database by capturing relevant details such as customer preferences and referral sources
- Assisting with facility operations and maintenance
- Implementing maintenance timetables and checklists
- Establishing and enforcing basic “set up” for each studio
- Ensuring standard inventory of products, equipment and supplies
- Conducting Rounds, Runs and Routines at specified intervals
- Assisting in the maintenance of strong relationships with location’s building staff
- Applicants must commit to 15 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. Exceptions may be made for academic credit.
- Must be proficient in a Mac environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, social networking sites, Photoshop, and Illustrator a must
- Video editing skills using Final Cut Pro, iMovie etc.
- Excellent writing skills
- Priority will be given to those with experience in dance administration who are pursuing or have completed their college education
- Invaluable knowledge and experience working in a top Flamenco Company
- Connections and relationships with the local and international dance community
- unlimited Flamenco Vivo classes and access to discounted and free rehearsal space for their own artistic exploration.
- Personal recommendation letters
To apply, please submit your dance and administrative resume along with your cover letter, three references, a sample of edited photo or video, and a writing sample. Once applications are screened, an interview will be scheduled.Flamenco Vivo is committed to supporting and valuing the great diversity of our multicultural city and dance field. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Flamenco Vivo’s Work-Study program provides students with the opportunity to work in exchange for free Flamenco Vivo classes and studio rental. Duties include customer service such as checking-in students, handling cash payments and maintaining student records, as well as general office work such as cleaning, relaying messages and providing basic information to the public. Cleaning or maintenance duties require late and early hours of work.
- Applicants must reside in NYC and commit to a minimum of 3 months
- Proficiency in English (Spanish a plus)
- Prior experience in customer service a must
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask with detailed accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in a Mac and PC environment with Microsoft Word and Excel
Students working a minimum of 6 hours per week will receive a class card for every 3 hours worked.