Flamenco Vivo seeks Programming Assistant
FLAMENCO VIVO CARLOTA SANTANA
About the Position:
The Programming Assistant at Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana handles a variety of responsibilities related to the management of both the local company and the office. It is a part-time position from June-August (approximately 25 hours/week) with the opportunity to transition to a full-time position starting in September. Two years of experience required, experience with performance booking and management are preferred.
Programming Assistant will work with the Managing Director and Director of Programming in the following areas:
- Advancing of performances with venues
- Booking and managing artists for local performances
- Maintaining the local performance calendar, contracts, artist fees and payment schedule
- Database management, generating activity reports (attendance, surveys, evaluations, etc.)
- Marketing to schools; developing contacts with Arts Education Liaisons
- Overseeing class schedule at the Center for Flamenco Arts and producing annual student performances and events
Additional responsibilities with full time position may include:
- Maintaining digital presence (social media, website)
- Assisting Executive & Managing Director with grant applications (supplemental/evaluation materials, budgets, etc.)
The ideal candidate will:
- Be excited about creative problem solving and finding innovative ways to design, market and manage programs
- Be detail oriented and extremely organized
- Have exceptional verbal and interpersonal communication skills both over the phone and in person
- Be comfortable on the phone, working in a fast-paced environment, and able to adapt to frequent, rapid changes
- Enjoy being a collaborative team player but also able to manage responsibilities independently
- Be proficient with Word, Excel, and experience with web-based software (required)
- Be fluent in Spanish (this is not a requirement but preferred)
Compensation is hourly ($12-$15/hour) with opportunity to move to full-time salaried position in Fall 2016.
About Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana:
Founded in 1983, Flamenco Vivo Carlota Santana is one of America's most prominent culturally-specific dance companies, with the mission of promoting flamenco as a living art form and vital part of Hispanic heritage; producing quality dance works; and providing arts education/training that inspires young people while nurturing the next generation of Spanish dance artists. This informs all of our work, which includes creation, performance, community outreach and instruction, allowing us to entertain, engage and educate over 40,000 people each year.
For more information, please visit our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org
How To Apply:
To be considered for the position, please email all of the items below to Hanaah Frechette at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Assistant” in the email’s subject line.
1. An original cover letter including your interest in the position and Flamenco Vivo.
2. A list of (3) professional references complete with phone number, email address, and explanation of the relationship. References will not be contacted without your prior consent.
3. A résumé no longer than (2) pages outlining your professional and educational experience.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No calls please. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our website at www.flamenco-vivo.org prior to submitting materials for consideration.
Photo: Lois Greenfield Photography