Gallim Dance Seeks Community Relations Manager
Gallim Dance, a New York-based contemporary dance company, creates and performs original work by artistic director and founder Andrea Miller. Gallim is a highly sought-after company whose work has been acclaimed by The New York Times as “voluptuously polyglot choreography,” and whose dancers have been noted as “of the highest calibre” (Dance Europe). The company performs for over 16,000 audience members annually in premier venues worldwide including Lincoln Center, BAM, the Joyce Theater, and Chaillot in Paris.
Gallim also focuses on making an impact on its immediate community, providing National Endowment for the Arts-recognized educational programming to dancers and non-dancers in its home studio in Brooklyn. As Gallim has seen consistent growth in its individual and institutional giving each year, this substantive role will also manage the implementation of multiple successful capital grants to support organizational growth as well as develop a long-term fundraising strategy with the Executive Director. In 2015, the contributed revenue goal is nearly $450,000.
The administrative team at Gallim Dance is a high-performing group of dedicated and experienced arts administrators. This entrepreneurial environment offers strong learning and professional development opportunities for a self-starter as a key member of a talented and fast-paced team. Gallim has been recognized for outstanding entrepreneurship by Crain’s New York Business, The New York Times, and PBS NewsHour.
Employer Website: www.gallimdance.com
City and State of position: Brooklyn, New York
Job Title: Community Relations Manager
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time, Permanent Position
The Community Relations Manager reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Artistic Director and all of Gallim’s administrators and dancers.
Community Affairs – Building and Engaging our Brooklyn audience
Develop and launch strategy to build our Brooklyn community base:
- Build targeted studio programming to cultivate support.
- Identify new community partners, sponsors, publicity and local funding sources.
- Advance relationships in community pipeline through relationship-building, creative proposals, and fulfillment.
Fundraising and Cultivation – NYC and National
Individual and Corporate Partners:
- Build relationships with timely communications and effective engagement.
- Oversee events and campaigns, with analysis and preparation of reports and recommendations for expansion.
- Develop plan to maintain and expand fundraising from individuals, foundations, corporations, events, and government agencies.
- Research prospects and manage long-term pipeline for advancement
- Manage grants calendar, prospects and strategy with grants writer; implements funding awards, such as capital project oversight
Manage marketing channels, materials and relationships:
- Create and implement social media campaigns that engage community and build audiences
- Oversee website and general positioning of brand across channels
- Develop materials for fundraising campaigns and proposals
- Manage key relationships with press, presenters’ marketing departments, and marketing partners
- Support Executive Director with Board Materials and major gifts.
- Manage key administrative tasks such as scheduling and budgets.
Candidates should be creative individuals with energy, ambition, and a passion for the arts, who thrive in a fast-paced environment of high standards where high-quality work must be consistently and accurately produced. Attendance at events on some evenings and weekends will be an important asset.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2-5 years professional experience in development, marketing, or a related field; Performing arts background a plus
- Self-starting with proven ability to develop creative ideas into sustainable strategies and proactively implement
- Project management track record with ability to work autonomously, exhibiting strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, follow-ups and deadlines
- Excellence in presence, influence, writing and communications
- Comfort with data and analytics, including financial budgets and targets
- Trustworthy team-player who builds effective relationships with colleagues, supporters and community partners
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks to project consultants and interns
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and one organizational writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.