HOT Dance: Call for Choreographers / Dancers (DEADLINE: MAY 15)
Dixon Place Theater
HOT DANCE, a part of the HOT Festival at Dixon Place, provides opportunities for choreographers of queer identity, working in all dance forms to workshop new dance works that run 6 to 15 minutes. The evening will feature 4 to 5 choreographers.
Proposed works should be new or recently re-worked with primarily new choreography. If invited to participate, artists should plan to show the same piece as described in their application.
Presented by Dixon Place, 161A Chrystie Street, btwn Rivington and Delancey, New York, NY 10002, artists will have the opportunity to showcase their work in a FULLY EQUIPPED PERFORMANCE SPACE measuring 35 ft X 20 ft with a SPRUNG MASONITE FLOOR.
Please read the *guidelines below before completing the form.
Deadline to Apply: Sunday, May 15, MIDNIGHT
You will receive our response by: May 31st
Date of Performance: Friday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m. for a live in-person performance event
HOT DANCE encourages choreographers of queer identity, working in all dance forms to submit. The proposed work should meet the following criteria:
* Run time should be a minimum of 6 minutes & a maximum of 15 minutes.
* If invited to participate, artists should plan to show the same piece as described in the proposal.
* The proposed work should be new or recently re-worked with primarily new choreography.
What HOT DANCE Will Do for You:
* Provide the fully equipped performance space
* Each company will receive a 20-30 minutes (depending on the length of the work) of technical rehearsal slot in the theater on performance day starting from 3:30 p.m.
* Provide marketing support: Dixon Place will list the show on their website, in an e-blast, and will send listings to the press
* Each company will get 2 music cues and 4 light cues, provided that the individual dance company assigns someone to call cues during the performance. Pieces that do NOT provide someone to call cues will be limited to one general lighting look which typically means a blackout to start, one light look to come up from blackout, and then a blackout to end.
* Each company/lead choreographer will receive $75 stipend.
* Each company will receive a free archival video of the performance.
* Post-performance interaction opportunity with the audience in a talk back.
What HOT DANCE Expects from You:
* A work within the agreed performance length between 6 min and 15 minutes.
* A short description about the piece for marketing purposes (limit to 50 words)
* A short bio of the choreographer (limit to 75 words).
* To be part of our team and help spread the word and promote the show.