Jennifer Muller/The Works is offering 1-2 internship positions in NYC
Jennifer Muller/The Works
Photo Credit: TAKAO KOMARU
Jennifer Muller/The Works is a dance company based in Manhattan, and has performed in 39 countries on four continents, 30 states, and has self-produced 24 New York City seasons. The Works is celebrating its 40th year of presenting the unique spirit of its performances to world audiences, educating youth and serving the community with vital outreach. Founder and Artistic Director, Jennifer Muller, creates exhilarating dances that are evocative, inspirational, passionate and engaging.
The Works is thrilled to be offering 1-2 internship positions from now through December. We are seeking dedicated and energetic interns for Summer & Fall 2015, who will contribute 15-20 hours per week in the studio. Specifically, we are looking for interns to help with administrative duties for our non-profit organization.
We are supportive and understanding of a learning environment, and we welcome less experienced interns, but we look for a mature attitude and someone who is highly interested in the learning experience. Interning with Jennifer Muller/The Works will allow students and young professionals to gain hands-on and valuable experience in the management and operations of a dance company in NYC.
Intern responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Working closely in the office with the Artistic Director, Manager, and Administrator
- Administrative duties such as managing phone calls, connecting with guests, communicating with dancers, scholarship students, and sponsors.
- Organizing and filing paperwork
- Managing or working on projects/events such as Faces of Wonder or Hatch
- Develop and implement social media campaigns
- Help produce sponsorship and marketing materials
- Help plan for events and performances
- Ad hoc tasks by General Manager and filling in areas for the Administrator
A successful intern should:
- Be able to multitask and stay committed/responsible during their time with us
- Be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Be able to think quickly on their feet and be willing to take on challenges
- Be willing to work, ask questions, and have a positive energy
- Be polite and respectful of others
The following abilities/experiences are a PLUS, but not required:
- Google Docs/Sheets
- Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress
- Website management
- Working in an open office setting
- Customer service
Why intern and is it for you?
- You will gain professional experience and build your resume in the dance field in NYC.
- You will be able to network with dance professionals and work closely with well-connected members of the artistic community.
- You will learn a variety of skills on the job (Administration, Technical Theater, Booking & Scheduling, and more…) and be a valuable part of the creative and administrative team.
- You will have opportunities volunteer at and attend performances.
- You will be mentored and encouraged to ask questions, give input, and receive feedback.
- You will be an invaluable and great part of JMTW’s 40th year!
**Interns must 18 years of age and live in NY/NJ to apply.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Cynthia at email@example.com. Our selections may be followed up with an interview. Applications are on a rolling basis and there is a possibility we will hire prior to the closing date, so please send them in ASAP!
Closing date: June 23rd.