LEIMAY Open Call for Performers
LEIMAY Artistic collaborators Ximena Garnica and Shige Moriya seek female and male dancers, actors, and/or highly physically and vocal trained performers to join their team for LEIMAY’s 2016-17 performance season. Individuals should be interested in exploring vocal work as well as physical performance. Committed individuals will take part in the creation of future work and educational programs. Individuals who are willing to challenge themselves, are open to creating a unique idiosyncratic instinct-rooted yet highly prolific movement and voice, to explore their physical virtuosity and mental adaptability, and are interested in contributing to the development of interdisciplinary performance are encouraged to audition.
Those interested must…
- be willing to explore and utilize the voice as part of the body
- possess strong and versatile physical capabilities and improvisational skills
- feel comfortable contributing material towards LEIMAY creations
- Have an interest in attending the workshops of LEIMAY guest teachers (teacher practices include butoh akin to Hijikata’s lineage, experimental vocal and theater performance, theater arts akin to the Grotowski tradition)
- be comfortable performing nude
Reservation Is Required.
Please visit the website for the full details and instructions on how to reserve your spot in this audition-workshop. Applications are due April 30, 2016.