Mare Nostrum Elements seeks dancers for Emerging Choreographer Series 2021
Mare Nostrum Elements
Mare Nostrum Elements is seeking dancers for the Emerging Choreographer Series (ECS) 2021.
Accepting ONLY current NYC resindents (or able to commute daily)
ECS is a 10 week comprehensive program presented in collaboration with LaGuardia Performing Arts Center (CUNY). The program provides up-and-coming choreographers with tools, means and support to create, develop and premiere a new finished work.
CASTING DETAILS & CALENDAR:
Choreographer: Isaac Iskra
Commitment: Up to 50 rehearsal hours; one orientation meeting; tech and dress rehearsals; two performance or filming dates. Must be available for rehearsals on Sundays, Mondays and Wednesday evenings.
Timeline: March 14th to May 31st, 2021
* Feb. 21st 11:00AM Zoom Call with the choreographer.
* March 14th: afternoon/evening Program Orientation
* May 13 & 14th: tentative tech days, 2-hours one day TBD
* May 16th: tentative dress rehearsal
* May 17th to 21st: tentative show dates, two days TBD
Note: Performance method will be determined by late-April, current options include live-stream, virtual performance, outdoor performance, or limited audience at an indoor flex space.
Location: New York City, NY. Must be able to commute to rehearsal venues in Queens & Brooklyn.
COVID-19 Information: Per ECS guidelines, choreographers and dancers will be required to wear masks for the entirety of rehearsals, handwashing is required at the start and end of each rehearsal. In addition to all rehearsal venue specific guidelines.
Compensation: $800.00 project stipend
Looking For: Seeking contemporary dancers who have experience with Gaga technique, are proficient in floor work, and are okay with the possibility of speaking/singing on stage. The 10-minute piece will be part of Mare Nostrum Element’s Emerging Choreographer Series. The piece focuses on specific people across time on the Autism Spectrum and what freed them to pursue their dreams and desires. Dancers 18 and older of all gender/gender expression, race, ethnicity, and availability encouraged to apply.
Interested dancers should email their video-submission with the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ECS AUDITION” by February 19th 11:59PM EST.
A video of you improvising for at least 15 seconds your interpretation of each of the following:
* Dancing while making percussive noises with your body (not to be confused with a tap or step routine).
* NO DANCE REELS, please submit a video specifically for this audition.
* Filming at your convenience & ease of filming - location, clothing, device.
Example: Feel free to film at home on your phone.
Results will be notified via email by February 20th.
* For choroegraphy, work and artistic questions contact email@example.com
* For program related questions ONLY contact firstname.lastname@example.org