NEVILLE Dance Theatre seeks Social Media Assistant (Internship to Permanent)
NEVILLE Dance Theatre
Neville Dance Theatre is offering a Social Media Assistant Internship for immediate hire for the fall and spring 2021! Intern will work directly with the Artistic Director and our Social Media Coordinator to help bring our company, campaigns, and endeavors to life across our social channels and increase our exposure, reach, and engagement with the community.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about ballet-contemporary dance, social media, writing, and creating original content and campaigns. This role works directly with the Artistic Director and Social Media Coordinator to learn how to craft our marketing, event, and editorial calendars by drafting posts, aid in developing original content series, and engage with our community on a scheduled basis across three platforms.
This position requires a strong understanding of classical and contemporary ballet, social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube), a passion for staying up to date on emerging trends, strong project management and communication skills, and a desire to collaborate across departments.
This opportunity has the potential to become a permanent, ongoing, paid position to the right candidate.
What you'll learn/do:
● Create, manage, and execute weekly social media strategy, content, and campaigns across social platforms under the guidance of the Social Media Coordinator and Artistic Director.
● Assist in planning monthly editorial, marketing, and event calendars for social media posts across platforms
● Assist with image capture of rehearsals, performances, events, photoshoots and ad hoc content creation.
● Tract and analyze social media reporting, providing thoughtful, strategic insight to our platforms and campaigns (share feedback, inform post optimizations and recipe development).
● Become an expert on Neville Dance Theatre’s repertory, artists, staff, mission, and brand to offer exceptional engagement with our community across our social channels in a timely manner.
● Ensure copy is written in Neville Dance Theatre’s brand voice and images meet professional standards.
● Have an exceptional understanding of classical ballet and contemporary dance technique, trends, culture, and environment to select appropriate content and use of correct terminology in content descriptions and posts.
Who you are:
● 1-2 years of social media experience
● A passion for social media and an in-depth understanding of top platforms including Google Suite (email, calendars, photos)
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and an eye for image selection
● Professional caliber background and experience in classical ballet and contemporary dance
● Punctual, reliable, and responsible with a professional and positive attitude
● A self-starter who enjoys working in a dance and performance-based environment and a willingness to travel locally
● Highly detailed and solution oriented
● Quick learner who takes direction and feedback well
● Familiarity with Neville Dance Theatre and our works/artists are a plus!
This is a remote position. Flexible hours, generally 5-8 hours per week commitment. Requires attendance at scheduled, weekly video conference call, connection and communication through Google Suite platform, and potential usage/download of specific phone apps (iPhone preferred). Some in-person attendance may be required to company rehearsals and events as they arise.
Please send resume with cover email specifying interest and dance background plus links to media feeds that you currently manage/create content for (professional and or personal) to email@example.com.
EOE. NDT encourages inclusion, diversity, equity and follows best practices.