NEXT:WARMER Choreography Commission - Seeking works that speak to climate and ecology
Company | E
Washington, DC's Company | E is looking for great new works that speak to climate and ecology.
Three choreographers will be selected to set a new or reimagined work for live performance on Washington, DC's Company | E in summer 2021. Rehearsals are planned for spring of 2021, and the works will be premiered in concert in summer 2021 before a live and/or digital audience. All US and international choreographers are welcome to apply.
We are seeking pieces related to the theme of climate change and the environment. This theme is purposefully broad to encompass many ideas and approaches; the interpretation is up to you. We encourage choreographers to consider approaches that demonstrate sustainable presentation, demonstrating how the performing arts can be shared with minimal environmental impact.
SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7 AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME
Apply here. Learn more about Company | E here.
- NEW or REIMAGINED works are eligible. Reasonable prop use is an option with conversation with the Artistic Directors.
- DURATION - 5 to 20 minutes long
- CAST SIZE - maximum of five dancers.
- REHEARSALS - will be in spring 2021 (March-May) and conducted virtually unless the choreographer is local to the DC area. Rehearsals will be arranged with the choreographers to meet both the Company and the choreographer's availability. A minimum period of two weeks (10 working days) for each work is planned. Longer rehearsal periods may be scheduled if needed to support specific works.
- REHEARSAL TIMES - Monday-Friday from 10am-2pm EST. Live performances are planned for June 2021.
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE - February 7th at 11:59pm EST
- SELECTION - Selected artists will be announced on Monday, February 15th. All applicants will receive notification by email from Company | E.
- MUSIC RIGHTS - Must be secured by the choreographer prior to the start of the commission.
- CHOREOGRAPHY FEE - $2,500 USD. Includes a two-year royalty-free license. A renewal license may be agreed to upon the expiration of the original agreement.
- This is a virtual commission; no travel budget is planned.
Questions? Email Co-Artistic Director, Kathryn Pilkington at email@example.com