New York Live Arts is hiring Technical Director
New York Live Arts
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technical Director is an integral part of the production team at New York Live Arts and is responsible for audio, video, lighting, and scenic elements. The TD works with artists to understand their visions within the parameters of New York Live Arts organizational goals.
- Work closely with the rest of the production department to maintain the high standards that NYLA is known for throughout the community.
- Manage temporary theatrical installations in the studio, lobby, and off-site spaces.
- Advance all technical elements and generate drafting for all theater and studio rentals.
- Train and supervise production apprentices in all aspects of production including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, carpentry and rigging skills. Participate in mentoring apprentices to become well-rounded technicians.
- Supervise load-ins, load-outs, and show calls as scheduled. Schedule differs from week to week and may include nights and/or weekends.
- Maintain all audio, video, scenic and rigging equipment in the theater, backstage, lobby, and studio areas.
- Research and advise on audio and video equipment purchases for touring repertory, New York Live Arts produced new works, and Department of Cultural Affairs of NYC applications.
- Oversee building operations
- Maintaining the facilities, working closely with the Department of Buildings and the Fire Department of NYC when necessary.
- Broad working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical audio, lighting and video design and production.
- Basic programming knowledge of ETC EOS console.
- Basic knowledge of analogue and digital audio consoles.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern rigging practices (manual and motorized), stage engineering, scenic construction, audio engineering and system maintenance, stage carpentry, and MIG welding.
- Proven supervisory skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills, positive attitude, team player, collaboration skills, problem solving skills and a good sense of humor. New York Live Arts
- Proficient in Vectorworks, Lightwright, EOS Programming, QLab, Soundweb and Microsoft Office.
- BA/BS/BFA in technical theater, design, or commensurate experience.
- Touring experience a plus.
TO APPLY: Candidates are invited to send a cover letter, resume, example paperwork and references (no phone calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is chosen. Please use the following SUBJECT: “Technical Director Search”