OFFICE & COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER for BARKIN/SELISSEN PROJECT
BARKIN/SELISSEN PROJECT, a NYC based Contemporary Dance Company founded in 2009, seeks an Office and Communications Manager
BARKIN/SELISSEN PROJECT (B/S P) engages diverse audiences, providing connection to art and movement by holding performances and workshops worldwide. The company has toured to 19 cities in 5 countries and created over 21 pieces including five evening length works. Highlights are Jacob’s Pillow, SUNY Stony Brook’s Staller Center, National Math Festival in Washington, D.C., West End Theater, Bryant Park, 92ndSt Y, Jazz at Lincoln Center and EICC in Scotland as part of Booking Dance and Fringe Festivals where B/S P received critical acclaim. Collaborations of note are with Reggie Watts in Sally Taylor’s ConSenses, Jim Simons and Sirius String Quartet on Differential Cohomology, and Martinus Miroto for Body in Between live 3D Hologram performances in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Some workshops include Hartford Performs, Balance 1 Academy Berlin, Limón Professional Studies Program, and Wilson College as the 2017 Summer AIR.
Our Culture: We value strong leadership with a respectful collaborative approach, the ability to generate excitement and work expediently in the interest of advancing the whole. We invite the input and special skills of our team, regularly sharing information to further the knowledge of everyone. By encouraging awareness and individuality we cultivate the ability to articulate positions and engage in thoughtful exchanges. We view each rehearsal, interaction, and moment as an opportunity for an adventure and learning. Foresight, listening and reflection play important roles in determining how to best allow the company to evolve.
Overview: The position of Office and Communications Manager for the BARKIN/SELISSEN PROJECT (B/S P) is a part/time position. Key responsibilities will bridge multiple disciplines including messaging, social media, various forms of campaigns, market/networking, research and analysis, overall administrative and organizational support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversight for strategy and implementation of all media & communications; social media, messaging, marketing/publicity, branding, fundraising campaigns, press kits, newsletters, etc. Includes responsibility for content collection and design, outsourcing, tracking/measurement, troubleshooting, follow-up, and integrating all timelines.
- Building, managing, and maintaining audience and donor contact information and categorized mailing lists
- Ensure smooth running of the office by:
- Organizing, creating, maintaining company calendars, spreadsheets/charts and reminders; coordinating timelines including mile markers, events, schedules; tracking ongoing projects, status of completion, deadlines, etc.
- Creating and updating office databases, resources, archives, contracts, and customized lists including of donors, grants, services, presenting opportunities & residencies, venues & spaces (for performances, events, rehearsal studios)
- Coordinating logistics for performances/events including travel and accommodations as needed
- Identifying, and corresponding with, collaborators and outsourcing as needed for services such as photography, videography, press, graphic and web design, etc.
- Scheduling meetings, providing agendas, taking minutes, organizing outcomes into actionable steps
- Assisting with, and coordinating, production and event plans including researching project needs such as venues for upcoming events
- Overseeing logistics of outreach/community programs
- Working with team to increase outreach efforts such as an apprenticeship program
- Assisting in actively looking to procure opportunities for company. Assisting Managing Director with booking appearances for company and directors to increase visibility and overall reach including performances, interviews, participation on panels, etc.
- Assisting as needed with suggesting, preparing and tracking grant proposals and applications for residencies and presenting opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Experience in project management; this may include planning, delivery, finance, marketing, artist and venue liaison, monitoring and evaluation
- Strong marketing and networking skills to integrate messaging across multiple online platforms
- Strong IT skills including Excel, Smartsheet, Word, Outlook and other online platforms
- Strong media design, content development, editing and some minor graphic design skills
- Ability to prioritize a varied workload and anticipate needs
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and experience working as part of a team
- Positive, enthusiastic work ethic
- Forward thinking and proactive
- Interest in, and love of, the performing arts
- College degree and/or equivalent professional experience
Interested applicants please send the following materials to BSPopportunities@gmail.com
- Cover Letter
- 2 References with current contact information
- Any additional materials in support of your work, qualifications, or potential