Reaction Dance Company's 6-month Dance Entrepreneur Fellowship 2021
Reaction Dance Company NYC
Reaction is starting its inaugural Dance Entrepreneur Fellowship Program. This will be a 6 month program starting in March and ending in August 2021. In exchange for working on Reaction’s admin 10 hours a week, fellows will be coached on their dance business ideas. Each month Fellows will have two workshops 1hr ½ hrs each on zoom focused on learning different aspects of business from marketing, video editing, business models, finance, producing shows, residencies, and grants. They will also receive a $300 stipend at the end of each month for their work.
Tasks may include:
- social media posts,
- update website,
- edit videos
- answer email inquires
- research/submit grants
- assisting in programing/show production
We’re looking for passionate intelligent dancers with the dream of having their own dance company. Candidates should be a senior in college to early career dance professional. Expertise in the following areas would also be beneficial:
- completing or completed a college degree in Dance, Non- Profit Admin, Arts Admin, Marketing, and or Business
- social media marketing
- familiar with mail chimp or other email campaign managers
- Editing dance videos
- Good writing skills
- Grant writing experience
How to apply:
1. Complete this form by Thursday March 4th at 12 midnight.
2. Cover letter: Pitch me your business idea! What kind of Dance Company, dance studio, dance event company ect do you want to work on? This can be an early stage existing business or one that hasn’t been realized yet.
Both documents will be asked for in this form.