SORRENTO, ITALY: Staibdance Summer Intensive
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Staibdance Summer Intensive in Sorrento, Italy. The 2019 program, taking place July 13-27, serves as a meeting place for emerging and established movement artists and includes a partnership with a prestigious dance school in Naples. Participants are encouraged to create collaboratively, embrace spontaneity, build foundations for life-long connections, and hone their authentic, unique voices. The intensive is a source for personalized attention, providing the time and space for infinite growth as a performer. Together, we merge with the history, customs, and warmth of the region, celebrating cultural exchange. Students will learn Staibdance choreography and a variety of contemporary movement styles, including Gaga. The program culminates with an outdoor performance in Sant'Agata's central piazza.
Applications open Monday, January 21, 2019 and will be available through April 8, 2019.
Interested dancers can apply online at www.staibdance.com/italy
Total tuition: $2750
- 11 days of intensive study; 3 classes and rehearsal daily
- 13 nights accommodation at the 4-star Grand Hotel Hermitage - Double room, private bath, air conditioning, pool
- Full breakfast and 4-course dinner daily at the Hermitage
- Group beach excursion
- Outdoor performance in Sant'Agata's central piazza
- Round trip airport transportation by private bus and car
(Tuition does not include airfare, lunches, or alternative travel arrangements)
Space is limited, and spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.