Social Media, Arts Admin, Fundraising, or Events Internships - Arch Ballet
Arch Contemporary Ballet
Email resume and availability for start date - end date/ length of internship/ and hour commitment you would be able to do during your term. We will respond with acceptance within 3 days.
We have four sectors Arts Admin, Fundraising, Events, or Social Media. We on average have two per category during each season. Please label clearly which you are applying for. Email to email@example.com
Arch Contemporary Ballet interns are responsible for completing a 3-6 month term with 8-32 hours a week. Interns are asked to work remotely and/or in person with Artistic Director, Sheena Annalise based on commitment set forth in advance upon acceptance into the program. Specified work hours are based upon interns schedule determined before internship agreement is signed.
There are three internship sectors interns can apply for...
Arts administration covers three areas of concentration: Development, Company and General Management, and Operations. Participants gain broad overview of the overall workings of the company through involvement with various special projects. Interns will gain in-depth experience and will learn how various tasks come together to achieve the company’s goals. Interns will also gain nonprofit administrative experience which can include: information research, project management and engagement, business writing, and outreach programs. Below are some examples of some of the projects and tasks of an arts administration intern.
- Creating and maintaining emailing lists, emails, press lists, auditionees list, repertoire archive lists
- Research performance opportunities, residency opportunities, festivals, performance venues, possible sponsorships, new patrons lists, studios to give master classes
- Booking travel arrangements per artistic director, Sheena Annalise, and/or dancers
- Researching dance companies, spaces, and other vital contact information
- Burning CD’s, DVD’s, creating press packages
- Various miscellaneous tasks per company: picking up costumes from dry cleaners, grocery store runs before the show for backstage, etc. if needed
- Putting together program information/submitting program information to performances
- Assist with coordinating all travel and tour logistics for company, and guest artists as well as creating company tour books with detailed schedules and area information
- Provide support in contracting dancers, music ensemble members, guest artists, supplemental dancers, seamstresses
- Assist in putting together events with our events interns
- Communication with other entities including college programs, other dance directors of other companies, theatre administration and more.
Social media is an expanding marketing tool for millennials and we strive to be at the forefront of these tools. Interns will be able to spear head their own social media campaigns and initiatives to bring awareness to ACB and the programs they support.
- Creating campaigns and marketing initiatives for ACB and Arch for Autism
- Posting daily to social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Creating marketing materials such as e-mail invitations, photos/graphics for social media, and social media page designs
- Assisting in streamlining social media platforms and message of ACB and Arch for Autism
- Tracking analytics across platforms including user reach, improvement in following, and audience reports
- Communicate with other branding across platforms to bring awareness to ACB.
An immersive internship where interns can gain experience in spear heading event planning and fundraising events with patrons, the community, and to the public. Interns will gain experience in creating events from start to finish, research, and the ins and outs of event planning.
- Venue research, selection, and communication
- Creating unique event ideas for young patron events, Autism friendly events, and community events benefiting Arch Contemporary Ballet
- Organizing the event from start to finish
- Invitation lists, guest lists, and reaching out to communities to attend
- Promotional materials, advertising, putting up posters
- Researching and contacting donors for your specific events.
Non profits solely rely on fundraising to ensure they are sustainable for the next year and current productions. This vital entity of a company is crucial to gain first hand knowledge. We will assign projects that will give you the tools to learn and achieve the below:
How to reach new donors, grant writing, researching tools to find appropriate grants and donors
- Research of grants, opportunities, corporate sponsorships, and new donors
- Forming fundraising packets
- Spear heading online fundraising campaigns such as generosity and indie gogo
- Writing grants, emails to donors, and learning donor relationships
- Creating email lists and intriguing content for donors.
As an ACB intern you will receive free company class during the dancer’s rehearsals for the duration of your internship if you would like, and a letter of recommendation at the end of your term based on your performance as an ACB intern.
ARCH CONTEMPORARY BALLET OFFICES
Arch Contemporary Ballet is a young company and our office is ran out of Artistic Director, Sheena Annalise’s home. You will be working directly with her during your office hours. There may be hours where some interns will be asked to meet at our rehearsal site or photoshoot site instead, which will be given with advance notice when your schedule is set up.
ACB Interns must provide their own laptop for their internship.
8 hour shifts are given a 1 hour lunch break, 4 hour shifts will not be given a break but are welcome to bring snacks, food, etc.. You are welcome to bring your lunch if you would like there is a full kitchen available for your use. There are several restaurants/take out establishments nearby as well.
We foster a community environment where our interns gain the most knowledge and real life experience and possible.
2253 7th Ave Suite 1N
(Between 132 & 133rd St)
New York, NY 10027
Subway Lines : 2,3 at 135th St. or B,C at 135th ST.