Advertise With Us
Make an impression — place an ad on The Dance Enthusiast and receive thousands of eyes on your work every week. Learn more.
50% OFF ALL ADS through December 31st. Use the promo code FALL50 at checkout HERE.
Your support helps us cover dance in New York City and beyond! Donate now.
The Moving Beauty Series is Accepting Submissions for THE SERIES 2017!
The Moving Beauty Series
The Moving Beauty Series returns to production with THE SERIES 2017. We are accepting submissions for our June 6th - June 11th, 2017 Concert at The Hudson Guild Theatre; 441 West 26th Street. Manhattan, NY. Submissions are open for companies interested in presenting between 20 and 35 minutes of choreography.
THE SERIES presents spectacular dance artists as they were meant to be showcased: professionals of the highest caliber. We select and package our artists according to top industry standards while providing an excellent venue, promotional support, and a wonderful performing experience through which their talent can shine. Most importantly we allow our artists a chance to recoup their investment.
Each evening, selected dance companies will present between 20 minutes and 35 minutes of work at The Hudson Guild Theatre on their 27’ x 28’ stage. Each ticket sold by a participating dance company is tracked; for each ticket sold, the associated dance company will receive 40% of the profits from that ticket. The Hudson Guild Theatre seats 96 people. The Hudson Guild Theatre is also wheelchair accessible with 6 wheelchair reserved spaces.
Additionally, in collaboration with FINI DANCE and Italian International Dance Awards, representatives from those organizations will be scouting choreographers to teach and choreograph at their associated festival Alto Jonio Dance Festival, which was recently declared one of the best dance festivals in all of Europe by Ballet2000.
To apply to THE SERIES 2017, visit: beautymoving.com and download the application.
Selected Dance Companies will receive:
- Promotional support from The Moving Beauty Series, including: Video promos, postcards, & online ads; programs; industry standard designed press releases; and press listings.
- Private consultation and critique with The Moving Beauty Series.
- Clinics on business practices, drafting press releases, and managing production.
- 2 hours of private staging/tech time at the Hudson Guild Theatre with our Technical Director.
- 2 comp tickets for guests to their performance.
- A reserved seat for the Director/Choreographer.
- Video Copy of their performance.
- 5 hi res photos from their performance taken by photographer, Mickey Hoelscher.
- 40% of each ticket sold for their performance (we keep track.)
- Fire certificate certified House Manager.
- $1,000,000 public liability insurance coverage.
- A guaranteed performance slot on our concert bill.
Previous acclaimed artists presented by The Moving Beauty Series include: Joya Powell, Blakeley White-McGuire, Andrew J. Nemr, Marcus Jarrell Willis, Jennifer Archibald, Ted Thomas, Michael Mao, Yoshito Sakuraba, Alison Cook Beatty, Cameron McKinney, Ashley Carter & Vanessa Martinez de Baños, Tyrell Rolle, Virginie Mécène, Luke Murphy, Yesid Lopez, and Sue Samuel.