Advertise With Us
Make an impression — place an ad on The Dance Enthusiast and receive thousands of eyes on your work every week. Learn more.
50% OFF ALL ADS through December 31st. Use the promo code FALL50 at checkout HERE.
Your support helps us cover dance in New York City and beyond! Donate now.
The School at Steps Summer Intensives 2019 Audition (2/2)
The School at Steps
Join us during our audition tour for The School at Steps Summer Intensives! With its rigorous schedule and location so close to Broadway and Lincoln Center, this unique program will offer training for aspiring ballet, contemporary, and theater dance professionals.
2019 Intensive Dates:
- Session I: July 8-July 26
- Session 1 will culminate in a studio-showing on the final Friday of the program
- Session II: July 29-August 16
- Join us for one, two, or all three weeks for Session II. This session is strictly technique-based with no final performance, and students will learn new repertory combinations each week
Junior Intensive includes:
- 4–5 daily classes, Monday–Friday 12:30-6:00pm
- Daily ballet and pointe/strengthening classes utilizing a variety of alternative techniques including Pilates and Thera-Bands
- Classes in jazz, theater dance, Horton-based modern, hip hop, and dance history
Teen and Senior Intensives include:
- 5–7 daily classes, Monday–Friday 8:30-6:00pm
- Enrichment classes in Pilates and stretching, dance history, and career related lectures and workshops
- Master classes with guest artists
- Pointe shoe consultations
- Each session culminates in a studio performance
- Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz
- Teens (ages 12-15) and Seniors (ages 15-18) @ 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Juniors (ages 9-12) @ 3:30pm-6:30pm
A minimum of three years of significant ballet training is required for Juniors and a minimum of four to five years of significant ballet training is required for Teens and Seniors. Two years of pointe training is required for the Senior Intensive. Students are placed in Junior Intensive, Teen Intensive, or Senior Intensive based on age and ability. Junior Intensive applicants with the highest audition scores are invited to join the full-day Intermediate program (ages 11-12).